World Baseball Classic 2023

caulfield12

https://twitter.com/JomboyMedia/status/1622723222150995969/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1622723222150995969&currentTweetUser=JomboyMedia

https://focustaiwan.tw/sports/202303030017 

Taipei, March 3 (CNA) Six cheerleaders with a Taiwanese professional baseball team, the Rakuten Monkeys, will be heading to New York in August to perform at the annual Taiwan Day put on by the New York Mets.

Known as the Rakuten Girls, the Taiwanese cheerleaders will appear at the Mets' home park, Citi Field, on Aug. 27 to highlight Taiwan's unique baseball cheerleading culture during the 18th annual "Mets Taiwan Day."

Edited by caulfield12

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I'm surprised Cuba wasn't able to get more MLB talent outside of Robert and Moncada. They could have put together an awesome team.

I wonder what made Robert and Yoan agree to this but basically no other MLers did. 

2 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Why do I fear that this experience will somehow be positive for every player in the WBC except for Robert and Moncada. 

Robert will be fine.  As long as he’s swinging with two hands, he will be a positive contributor.  As for Yoan…it just seems like he’s so early and pulls off everything.  Same crap we saw last year in ST, during the season and so far this ST.