World Baseball Classic 2023

caulfield12

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I guess the good thing is that Cuba will only play 4 games so the odds of them getting injured is lower. 

It’s just hilarious they literally look like the two worst players on the team. Also, I’m hoping it’s just the jersey, but Yoan looks rather heavy.

17 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s just hilarious they literally look like the two worst players on the team. Also, I’m hoping it’s just the jersey, but Yoan looks rather heavy.

It's not like they're facing good Major League quality pitchers either. I think the only guys they've faced who are actual ML pitchers are Pallante and Festa. 

Yoan is hitless through 2 games. Robert is 2-8. I was really hoping they'd look good against mostly minor leaguers, but it seems like they're getting attacked in all their weaknesses quite a bit (Yoan getting lots of change ups and high fastballs, Luis getting tons of sliders away). 

6 hours ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Our boys have maybe found their mojo. Yoan 3-5 with a 2B, 3RBI. Robert 2-5, 2RBI.

Yo adds another RBI via a bases loaded BB.

Might be too little too late for Cuba. They would need Italy to lose out to advance. But like I said before, it's probably a good thing for Moncada and Robert's health that they don't play more than 4 games. 

31 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Might be too little too late for Cuba. They would need Italy to lose out to advance. But like I said before, it's probably a good thing for Moncada and Robert's health that they don't play more than 4 games. 

Italy losing right now 8-7 to Taipei in the bottom of the 8th.  Pretty electric atmosphere in Taichung. 

Old Guardians' buddy Yu Chang with key two run homer late to tie it. 

Japan absolutely destroying Korea. 

Edited by caulfield12

47 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Italy losing right now 8-7 to Taipei in the bottom of the 8th.  Pretty electric atmosphere in Taichung. 

Old Guardians' buddy Yu Chang with key two run homer late to tie it. 

Japan absolutely destroying Korea. 

The spirit of Ichiro is fueling them.

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Team Korea deserved that smack down, then. 

Shades of Baker Mayfield at tOSU. 

I mean, Korea / Japan bad blood goes well beyond baseball dating back to World War II.

But on a much lighter note: 

5 minutes ago, Quin said:

I mean, Korea / Japan bad blood goes well beyond baseball dating back to World War II.

But on a much lighter note: 

https://www.nespresso.com/it/en/

You too can own your very own Nespresso...I just bought Team Korea hat and T-shirt from MLB shop, then a Rakuten Monkeys white jersey with red lettering for around $100 USD. 

Edited by caulfield12