World Baseball Classic 2023

caulfield12

1 minute ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Back to back to back bobbles in the IF (by everyone but TA) lead to a run for Mexico. Graveman called in to put out the fire with 2 on, 2 outs and gets the job done.

TL;DR White Sox are carrying America.

• Like 1
  • Fire 2

8 hours ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

tenor.png

TA7 waiting for the rest of the Team USA offense to show up...

If those were White Sox players in the lineup, we'd have a dozen posts about their lack of passion.

Example: See Moncada and Robert's performance in the first few Cuba games. TA was the only one who looked like he was trying.

23 minutes ago, Quin said:

If those were White Sox players in the lineup, we'd have a dozen posts about their lack of passion.

Example: See Moncada and Robert's performance in the first few Cuba games. TA was the only one who looked like he was trying.

Cuba looked dead the first 2 games. Hopefully this Mexico game is a kick in the ass for team USA. They really haven't looked all that interested on offense so far. 

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Cuba looked dead the first 2 games. Hopefully this Mexico game is a kick in the ass for team USA. They really haven't looked all that interested on offense so far. 

They definitely did, and I know we'll obviously care more about how Yoan and Robert perform than how Betts and Alonso, but when our players had bad outings it was all over PHT. 

Good moments from them, TA, Ruiz and even Graveman stopping the bleeding last night (even if for one out)? Crickets. Granted, that game was late as hell.

Let's see how Lance does today, but man, DeRosa's managing last night left a lot to be desired.

Not sure who the color guy is, but he just dropped one of my all time favorite "what?" lines:

"With all these analytics, we get lost in the scoreboard."

I understand what he's trying to say (i.e., people caring too much about the stat sheet vs. on-field production), but that was such a dumb way to phrase it.

Speaking of announcers, someone please fire John Smoltz into the sun.

6 minutes ago, Quin said:

Not sure who the color guy is, but he just dropped one of my all time favorite "what?" lines:

"With all these analytics, we get lost in the scoreboard."

I understand what he's trying to say (i.e., people caring too much about the stat sheet vs. on-field production), but that was such a dumb way to phrase it.

Speaking of announcers, someone please fire John Smoltz into the sun.

Yonder Alonso