Roster Cuts Thread

flavum

21 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Surprised he didn't make the team.  Seemed like a no-brainer given he'd get his release if he didn't make it. 

Yeah, I probably would have given it to him over Santos who had an option still purely just for the sake of depth.  But probably doesn't really matter.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Surprised he didn't make the team.  Seemed like a no-brainer given he'd get his release if he didn't make it. 

I’m surprised too. He pitched well enough in spring training that I thought he would crack the opening day roster. Maybe he wasn’t hitting the MPH on the gun that they wanted or it was a situation of too many options and they decided to go young as opposed to having a veteran.

15 hours ago, The Beast said:

I’m surprised too. He pitched well enough in spring training that I thought he would crack the opening day roster. Maybe he wasn’t hitting the MPH on the gun that they wanted or it was a situation of too many options and they decided to go young as opposed to having a veteran.

His ability to pitch practically every day is soooo valuable in April.  PLUS, he had a strong spring..

11 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

His ability to pitch practically every day is soooo valuable in April.  PLUS, he had a strong spring..

The guy has mostly sucked the last 4 or 5 years. He got minor leaguers out in spring training . Who cares?

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 3