3/7 Sox vs Brewers, 2:05PM CT, NBCSC

I'm guessing right now it has to be Colas which is not a bad thing. If he can stabilize the gaping hole in right field that would be a huge addition. 

The guy has got to be better than Adam Eaton and Nomar Mazara right? 

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I'm guessing right now it has to be Colas which is not a bad thing. If he can stabilize the gaping hole in right field that would be a huge addition. 

To be fair it'd be hard to be much worse than they were. 

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

One of those things is not like the other. Come on Lip! Although I suppose maybe you're just referencing the recent Eaton stint here and not his first.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

One of those things is not like the other. Come on Lip! Although I suppose maybe you're just referencing the recent Eaton stint here and not his first.

I think he was referring to the 2021 Eaton. Not the productive, Drake LaRoche-backing version of Eaton we all loved.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I think he was referring to the 2021 Eaton. Not the productive, Drake LaRoche-backing version of Eaton we all loved.

Eaton was productive his first stint and netted us a helluva haul but god rooting for him was a pain. He was great with the fans when I saw him in spring training in 2014, but he also is a total redass in all the stereotypical ways of a "scrappy" white guy. Of course a guy like that would support Drake LaRoche hanging around the clubhouse.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Eaton was productive his first stint and netted us a helluva haul but god rooting for him was a pain. He was great with the fans when I saw him in spring training in 2014, but he also is a total redass in all the stereotypical ways of a "scrappy" white guy. Of course a guy like that would support Drake LaRoche hanging around the clubhouse.

I meant more we loved his production. Not actually him lol 

LaRoche retiring was amazing for this team. I just used that as a reference from the first stint haha my bad

Edited by Bob Sacamano

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I meant more we loved his production. Not actually him lol 

LaRoche retiring was amazing for this team. I just used that as a reference from the first stint haha my bad

The La Roche thing, and Sale breaking his foot doing some redneck ass s%*# out of the back of his truck were some trying moments as fans during Springs prior. I guess the Clevinger s%*# hardly even qualifies as a distraction compared to some other years.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Correct, the second go-round by Eaton.

26 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Good for Sheets. A first baseman, to play first base. Good on the Sox to actually display him there.

Weren’t the Brewers looking for a 1B?  Am I imagining that?  Maybe they’d like to take Sheets for some minor league project/prospect. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

But that kid was a leader in that clubhouse!

On 3/7/2023 at 5:25 PM, Tnetennba said:

Unless he cools off in the next 3 weeks, it will be hard to justify sending him back to Charlotte to start.

The manager type person already said publicly he gave Colas things to work on and criticized his baserunning, so there's the "boxes he needs to check" before he is called up or whatever. I am guessing it will take him 20 days to check the boxes. So, there's that.