Sox @ Padres, Clevinger vs Snell

Heads22

5 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

The extension Colson Montgomery signs before his major league debut in 2025 will be the biggest

One can only hope. 

But sad that means we lose yet another franchise star in TA7. 

We need a lot more than Borchard Viciedo and Beckham results out of our former top prospects. 

Burger can hit but can't field. Moncada can field and hasn't hit the last 3 seasons. Also Moncada is making alot of money.  I can't help but wonder if  Moncada will be traded. i would like to think the White Sox would have to pickup some oh his  money if he gets traded.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Burger is making a strong case for another bat off the bench but remember Garcia is still owed a ton of money and we know how that resonates with this organization.

I don’t know about “off the bench” as opposed to in the lineup. What is that? Four HRs for Burger so far this spring, at least four; I think it’s five. Before you dismiss his results to just spring ball, remember he was leading Sox in HRs until hand injury and we were somehow subjected to Moncada’s bat the rest of the year.

7 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Burger can hit but can't field. Moncada can field and hasn't hit the last 3 seasons. Also Moncada is making alot of money.  I can't help but wonder if  Moncada will be traded. i would like to think the White Sox would have to pickup some oh his  money if he gets traded.

Moncada had a .263/.375/.787 line in 2021 what type of nonsense is this?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Quin said:

Moncada had a .263/.375/.787 line in 2021 what type of nonsense is this?

In 2020 Moncada hit 225 and last year he hit all of 212. He's had  one great season offensively  (in 2019).  I think we are stuck with him. I wouldn't think too many teams would want him.

Edited by WBWSF
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

He hit in 2021

1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

Given his salary and his issues, who realistically would want him?

23 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Given his salary and his issues, who realistically would want him?

FWIW, from MLBTR:

I think Burger is more appealing than he should be right now because he's only had 225 PA in the Majors and fared well at the plate.  But he's also a guy who has not hit RHP in the Majors or at Triple-A.
The reason they are sticking with Moncada is that he's much more likely to give them a 4 WAR season - he did that in 2019 and '21. The other obv reason is that they still owe him a bunch of money for this year and next.
I think if they'd put Yoan on the trade market this winter, someone would've scooped up the contract fairly happily.

• Fire 1

• Capn12 unpinned this topic