3/12 Angels @ Sox 3:05 (NBCSChicago)

Polar Bear

Listen this teams chance at success this year is all on the shoulders of the guys who were expected to perform last year and didn't. And there are a lot of them. That doesn't include Colas. But if those guys who were expected to perform well do so this year then the addition of Colas could be big. I'm just saying the kid should not have any pressure put on him. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Listen this teams chance at success this year is all on the shoulders of the guys who were expected to perform last year and didn't. And there are a lot of them. That doesn't include Colas. But if those guys who were expected to perform well do so this year then the addition of Colas could be big. I'm just saying the kid should not have any pressure put on him. 

What Pressure ? There's pressure on you to perform and do your job every day. He might be nervous or have butterflies on something like opening day or opening day at home but once you're in the lineup I don't care if he hits in the middle of the order. I don't think its much different than hitting at the bottom of the lineup as far as pressure goes. You're going to come up with men on base no matter where you hit.

If he is indeed a very good hitter I'd like him where he can do the most damage.

Even if you put him in at the bottom of the lineup and he hits well , then you're going to hear oh no don't move him up  that's too much pressure.

1 minute ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Is there a world where Haseley breaks camp as the 4th OF’er? Would speak more about our horrible depth, but he might have more potential to be decent than anyone we have 

I'm not 100% convinced we start with a traditional 4th OF on the bench at all, let alone a LH one.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, fathom said:

Base running all around has been awful so far

I don't think so . Mental mistakes like Leury just made are one thing but getting thrown out on the bases isn't bad. Grifol just maybe testing the players abilities. They've stolen a lot of bases. Haven't been throw out stealing much. Colas got caught stealing when he took off too early against a LHP but they've been working with him on his secondary leads so all part of the learning curve.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

I'm not 100% convinced we start with a traditional 4th OF on the bench at all, let alone a LH one.

Very true that being LH doesn’t help his cause. But I guess I’m also hoping there’s a world where Luery doesn’t make the roster. In that case I’d personally want someone on the roster that can play CF competently. Can’t run out a sub par OF defense every time Robert needs a day off

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Base running all around has been awful so far

No way Leury didn’t read that ball, he had to have thought there were 2 outs because he just kept going and then looked surprised when he got doubled off. Hopefully Grifol saw and he can put that down in the column of Leury isn’t very good at baseball 

• Love 1