Anderson at 2B in WBC

Heads22

2nd base and in the middle of the lineup and comes through in a big way.

Lynn and Timmy stepping up for USA

Moncada and Robert propelling Cuba.

Eloy getting hits for DR.

Jose Ruiz with the win, .2 innings against DR for Venezuela

Nick Padilla with a win for .1 innings in PR win against Nicaragua

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

This was nice and happy tim has happy thoughts around him again.

But being myself, all I could think of is how it confirmed my previous arguments that sox should have jumped, leapt, lurched forward at the chance to acquire trea turner when he was suddenly available from the nationals 😵

• Like 4
  • TLR 1

24 minutes ago, bmags said:

This was nice and happy tim has happy thoughts around him again.

But being myself, all I could think of is how it confirmed my previous arguments that sox should have jumped, leapt, lurched forward at the chance to acquire trea turner when he was suddenly available from the nationals 😵

Only for him to be gone by now. Damn.

30 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Only for him to be gone by now. Damn.

I'd have been happy for the 1.5 years, taken the draft pick. But now we have Hahn probably saying "TA would you mind moving for our scrap heap signing of Elvis Andrus?!?!"

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Re-watching the beginning of the USA game from last night while working, DeRosa mentioned it may not be pretty but he wants his bat in the lineup. See, nothing wrong with becoming a bat-first 2B.

Can't have another guy blocking Burger at 2B.

</sarc>

Glad to see him playing well..  I'd like to see the Sox use him in the OF some; he's an excellent athlete, we have little depth in the OF and most of our good prospects are IFs.  Some time there once in a while will be easier on his body.  He's arguably our best player, and letting him go after his contract should not be easy (especially if it's due to this "clubhouse" nonsense).

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Glad to see him playing well..  I'd like to see the Sox use him in the OF some; he's an excellent athlete, we have little depth in the OF and most of our good prospects are IFs.  Some time there once in a while will be easier on his body.  He's arguably our best player, and letting him go after his contract should not be easy (especially if it's due to this "clubhouse" nonsense).

Bro, if we're gonna go back to 2017 on this board, I want my pre pandemic body and brain back as well.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GreenSox said:

Other than Montgomery and Ramos... not feeling all that confident about those young infielders. 

And unless Anderson was playing CF everyday... it wouldn't elevate his value any from a FA standpoint to take him off SS. 

You don't do it for Elvis Andrus. 

Now maybe if Robert was hurt again... you'd have to consider it at least. 

Edited by caulfield12

15 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Other than Montgomery and Ramos... not feeling all that confident about those young infielders. 

And unless Anderson was playing CF everyday... it wouldn't elevate his value any from a FA standpoint to take him off SS. 

You don't do it for Elvis Andrus. 

Now maybe if Robert was hurt again... you'd have to consider it at least. 

Certainly not thinking of it as a permanent move...just some spot play.  Showing some versatility might help his FA outlook (not that that is a prime concern anyway).  Anyway, I think he's a really good player and I hope the Sox are able to keep him long-term.