3/15 Sox vs Giants - Rained Out, no game

Tnetennba

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s really amazing how bad their 4th OF options are

I want to be optimistic but our bench is looking -3 WAR bad. Not even replacement level across the board. So we get some positive regression from Moncada and some health from TA and Eloy and you basically just erase that if Billy has to play 50 games.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I want to be optimistic but our bench is looking -3 WAR bad. Not even replacement level across the board. So we get some positive regression from Moncada and some health from TA and Eloy and you basically just erase that if Billy has to play 50 games.

Yeah, but consider TWTW intangibles Billy brings! I joke, but only kind of.

I totally get the argument that you want your backups to actually be *good backups*, but I'm still stumping for Billy as his role as a teammate helps outweigh his negative value at the plate. 

Now, if he's starting 50 games, yes that's a problem like you said, and our depth is very shallow. I agree on that. Just had to defend Billy's name as I think he has more value to this team that we can't quantify.

I firmly believe a bad clubhouse does more harm to the team performance overall than one noodle-armed slapjack hitter that can't hit his own weight does.

• Thanks 1

• Tnetennba changed the title to 3/15 Sox vs Giants - Rained Out, no game