Sox unveil $5 Tuesday for select concession items

Sleepy Harold

At least food prices won't keep people away on Tuesday's. 5 dollar beer in this day and age at a sporting event is almost like the old quarter beer night. If u are gonna go to one home game a week or month, Tuesday would be the day to go.

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

At least food prices won't keep people away on Tuesday's. 5 dollar beer in this day and age at a sporting event is almost like the old quarter beer night. If u are gonna go to one home game a week or month, Tuesday would be the day to go.

20 years ago my brother was FURIOUS that they raised the price of beer from $4 to $4.50. And then it went from $4.50 to $5 in 2004. 

now it’s a “deal” to have a $12 miller lite for $5. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ewokpelts said:

20 years ago my brother was FURIOUS that they raised the price of beer from $4 to $4.50. And then it went from $4.50 to $5 in 2004. 

Everything costs more than it did in 2004. Beer prices at entertainment venues has always been ridiculous. $5 a beer now isn't so bad. It's the same or less than at most bars and restaurants. 

This is a move in the right direction. 

6 hours ago, ewokpelts said:

Doesn't feel too long ago that they had $1 hot dog nights on Thursdays. Now $5 hot dogs are *special*!

Did anyone read anything anywhere about tailgating getting banned in lot B and how you may have to purchase a tailgating spot in lot E to tailgate? A season ticket holder mentioned it yesterday but I haven’t gotten confirmation on this.

Good on them! 

We all complained about this and they listened. Have to give credit where credit is due. I hope the turnouts are good & makes the Sox think about expanding this type of program. I would love to see something like Upper Deck v. Lower Deck Pricing. Or some sort of UD sections that have deals like this all the time. 

There was a time where I couldn't afford good seats and a night at the ballpark, and would love to see the Sox cater towards those who are younger and/or in a poorer financial position. They deserve to be able to go to a game and not feel broke at the end. 

Great move by the Sox and hopefully this last offseason was a hiccup in how they treat their fan base. 

Look forward to $5 polish and Modelos in my future. 

2 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Wasn't it 1 dollar hot dog Tuesdays as recently as 2019? Don't think it was the premium ones but still

Dollar Dog Wednesday, but yeah, I want to say it was as recent as 2019.  Guess they could afford it back in the low payroll rebuilding days.

25 minutes ago, he gone. said:

Good on them! 

We all complained about this and they listened. Have to give credit where credit is due. I hope the turnouts are good & makes the Sox think about expanding this type of program. I would love to see something like Upper Deck v. Lower Deck Pricing. 

Looks like UD pricing is $5/ticket for the first Tues home game

12 minutes ago, bmags said:

Good reminder not to go to tuesday night games in the bleachers. Yeek. Nice promotion though charging the same amount for cocacola as they are for beer is obviously absurd.

Haven't heard yeek in awhile.  What are you, an evil doer in 1970s Gotham city?

I'd rather sit in the bleachers with drunks than diabetics.

Also, if you have still managed to complain in this thread, it might be time for an intervention.  

16 hours ago, wegner said:

Add a $5 Cuban Comet sandwich and I'm in.

Still worth it at $9.

Here is going to be the issue.  The beer is draft and as such you can't get from the vendor.  Curtails the 

Miller Lite, dog and pizza for $15...that'll play.

Consolidating tailgating makes sense due to the clean up.