Moncada hurt during WBC

Heads22

55 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

Just feels like this will linger all season for him.

Don’t worry, it will be something else after opening week.  He will play through it at 60 pct speed and with bad swings, but we will have to read about how durable he is.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Don’t worry, it will be something else after opening week.  He will play through it at 60 pct speed and with bad swings, but we will have to read about how durable he is.

I'm concerned that he'll try to compensate so he doesn't feel it as much when he swings, but then that will put too much strain on other muscles and cause another injury.

14 hours ago, Sambuca said:

Cool of the announcers to cut to commercial with him laying lifeless on the ground to return and make zero mention of it even happening.

We really needed insight into area codes on the scoreboard from John Smoltz.

My wife (who doesn't follow baseball) listens to games in the background while I'm watching and she appreciates Jason and Steve's attempts to fill dead space vs. John "I'm not a music guy" Smoltz.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Moncada: Gets a bruised rib.

Iron men of SoxTalk: Wuss.

I am far from an iron man. Happy to admit it. I am also not a professional athlete.

Yoan Moncada is still most definitely soft. We have a very large sample size to base this off. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I am far from an iron man. Happy to admit it. I am also not a professional athlete.

Yoan Moncada is still most definitely soft. We have a very large sample size to base this off. 

I think it was on Reddit where someone said that the dude suffers from LeBronitis. He grimaces after fucking everything.

Some people are like Abreu and Paulie who play through everything. Then you have dudes who look like they're in constant pain.

But I just enjoy posters saying "he's not hurt" and then it coming back that he has a bruised rib. If you have a bruised rib, yeah, you're probably gonna be down for a minute to catch your breath.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Quin said:

I think it was on Reddit where someone said that the dude suffers from LeBronitis. He grimaces after fucking everything.

Some people are like Abreu and Paulie who play through everything. Then you have dudes who look like they're in constant pain.

But I just enjoy posters saying "he's not hurt" and then it coming back that he has a bruised rib. If you have a bruised rib, yeah, you're probably gonna be down for a minute to catch your breath.

One thing people need to realize is that pain is a psychosocial construct for each individual. 

One part is true nocioception that is the actual nerve impulse that carries the signal to the central nervous system. 

The other part is how the unconscious deals with it. For example, someone who has been in a rear end car collision may unconsciously react differently when they see a car approaching fast in their rear view mirror. This state of heightened awareness usually leads to a more severe injury if another collision occurs. 

Long story short the greatest predictor for an injury is a previous injury. Not just because of tissue weakness but because of other psychosocial factors.

He may be soft but there might be other factors involved from earlier in his career that we don't know about. 

• Like 2