ST: 3/23- Sox vs Giants, NBCSC, 3:05

flavum

12 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Still seems weird putting Benny 3.

Grifol seems committed to it. It will be interesting to see what happens when Moncada gets back into camp. When Moncada is going good, he hits #2 like he did for Cuba. But if Benny hits #3, then Moncada is probably gonna hit #5.

36 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

If it happens with a full complement of players, then I might start to worry.  I don't like that it seems to be a trend, but it is only spring still.

Grifol already pretty much said that Benni is hitting 3rd when he was asked about it earlier in camp.  

11 days out for Vaughn so far. I hope his back is OK so he can start Opening Day. If Vaughn's back becomes an issue it would be great to have both Burger and Sheets on the roster to give him some rest during the season.

57 minutes ago, tray said:

11 days out for Vaughn so far. I hope his back is OK so he can start Opening Day. If Vaughn's back becomes an issue it would be great to have both Burger and Sheets on the roster to give him some rest during the season.

Having both burger and sheets severely limits the versatility and defensive capability of the bench. If Vaughn is out, Sheets is probably our 1st baseman and Burger is probably sent to Charlotte.

Man I hope this back issue isn't anything serious. Those can linger and be career-altering and even career-ending (Joe Crede).

• Quin pinned this topic
1 hour ago, tray said:

Another cripple joins the fray. I am sure his defenders will stand up.

They’d give you the strongest lineup with starters out of the lineup, though. Imagine Robert, Anderson and Moncada out of the lineup then you’d have a lineup like:

Andrus SS

Benintendi LF

Eloy RF

Grandal

Vaughn 1b

Sheets DH

Burger 3b

Colas CF

Alberto 2b

That’s a better lineup than what you are going to get with any other combo, and that’s with the three key skill positions out, besides catcher

2 hours ago, tray said:

My fantasy sports app told me that Merkin reported that Vaughn would play in a Minor League spring training game tomorrow.

Edited by KipWellsFan
typo

• Capn12 unpinned this topic