3/26- Sox vs Rox, 3:05, Free Webcast

flavum

• Quin pinned this topic
20 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Benny in the 3 spot again.  This is happening isn’t it?

Yes. Pedro talked about it a couple of weeks ago and said he would be batting 3rd. I think it was Merkin who wrote an article about it. 

Correction, it was Van Schouwen.  

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2023/3/4/23625194/white-sox-manager-pedro-grifol-likes-andrew-benintendi-in-the-3-hole

Edited by CBJ03

9 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

I don’t mind Benintendi hitting third if you have Robert at 2 and Eloy at 4. He’d have good speed in front of him to knock around and he can set the table for Eloy. You’d still have good power at the top of the lineup with TA and Robert

Gomber is a LHP so 3 of the top 4 being RH  makes sense unless you want Moncada in the top 4 also because he is a SH so all 4 can hit RH against a LHP.

Grandal has the day off so we're missing a potential middle of the order bat so today against a LHP. Today you're looking at 3 Benintendi , 6 Sheets and 8 Colas. I doubt there are going to be many times during the season the Sheets hits 6th against a LHP.

47 minutes ago, CBJ03 said:

Yes. Pedro talked about it a couple of weeks ago and said he would be batting 3rd. I think it was Merkin who wrote an article about it. 

Correction, it was Van Schouwen.  

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2023/3/4/23625194/white-sox-manager-pedro-grifol-likes-andrew-benintendi-in-the-3-hole

Ugh, thanks.  I hate it. 

Moncada would have to show he can hit consistently again before I moved him back into front of the lineup, if it were up to me. At any rate, my point was I don’t mind it if there is a significant power bat in front and behind Benintendi in the lineup. Both Moncada and Benintendi at the front of the lineup, to me, is not ideal because I’d prefer more power in there. At this point, I can’t consider Moncada a top four or five hitter in the Sox lineup so he shouldn’t be in the top four spots of the lineup.

• Heads22 changed the title to 3/26- Sox vs Rox, 3:05, Free Webcast
47 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Pretty pitiful on the week MLB TV is having it's free watch thing going on that for 2 days in a row the Sox games has neither team doing the broadcast .So partial blame can go to the Rox and Reds. The Sox are the home team today.

Sox have the free webcast

• Thanks 1

• Capn12 unpinned this topic