ST- 3/27 and 3/28- Sox at Cubs

flavum

1 minute ago, Bossanoveralls said:

So?

The team takes on the mindset of its leaders.

Last year, they were advised not to ever go all out.

The Guardians won due not to having more talent.

They won because they rattled the Sox psychologically and that was especially pronounced on the basepaths always taking the extra base and putting pressure on opponents...paired with strong defense at the majority of positions.

Basically, the exact blueprint for the 2001-2010 Minnesota Twins...just played out on natural grass rather than in an artificial dome.

16 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The team takes on the mindset of its leaders.

Last year, they were advised not to ever go all out.

The Guardians won due not to having more talent.

They won because they rattled the Sox psychologically and that was especially pronounced on the basepaths always taking the extra base and putting pressure on opponents...paired with strong defense at the majority of positions.

Basically, the exact blueprint for the 2001-2010 Minnesota Twins...just played out on natural grass rather than in an artificial dome.

That's just your opinoin, man.

13 minutes ago, Bossanoveralls said:

That's just your opinoin, man.

No, I probably watched or listened to more Guardians than Sox games last year...just because their style of play was so much more fun to watch.

Same exact reason I enjoyed the Twins (2000's), Royals (2013-2016) and Rays in recent years.

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

No, I probably watched or listened to more Guardians than Sox games last year...just because their style of play was so much more fun to watch.

Same exact reason I enjoyed the Twins (2000's), Royals (2013-2016) and Rays in recent years.

Id agree with you but a majority of the starting team just played in the WBC so I think they will be fine.  But let's continue to b**** and moan.

2 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Id agree with you but a majority of the starting team just played in the WBC so I think they will be fine.  But let's continue to b**** and moan.

Okay...I will reserve further comment unless they are worse than 15-18 after 33 games.

That's a lot longer than most Sox fans give the team coming out of the gate...especially with a high-profile Astros match-up right off the bat on national t.v.

10 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/guardians-vs-d-backs/2023/03/27/719410/live/box

Guardians aggressively going with what likely is their exact Opening Day lineup...while White Sox are definitely more concerned with injury prevention.

Do the guardians also have all glass players?

28 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Do the guardians also have all glass players?

Well McKenzie out now for at least a couple of weeks but they had really kid overall health last year as not surprisingly one of the youngest teams in baseball.

Used something like 13-15 rookies...like the 2012 White Sox.

But the Guardians actually made an impact in the postseason.

• Capn12 unpinned this topic