ST- 3/27 and 3/28- Sox at Cubs

flavum

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

He’s got to be 94-96 IMO with his inconsistent command.  Meanwhile, two good swings by Kath.

The point of dialing it down would be to improve the inconsistent command. If the command doesn't improve there is no point in decreasing the velocity. He'll find out once the season starts. 

I think we'll see all velocity decrease with the decreased time between pitches. Only a few will be able to maintain it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ptatc said:

The point of dialing it down would be to improve the inconsistent command. If the command doesn't improve there is no point in decreasing the velocity. He'll find out once the season starts. 

I think we'll see all velocity decrease with the decreased time between pitches. Only a few will be able to maintain it. 

This was the mantra under Cooper.  If he has three good pitches that he can locate he can be Giolito. 

Did everyone think he was going to be throwing 100 as a starter.  Over time maybe he will find it when he needs it, who knows.  He's the #5 starter at this point.

Madrigal at 3B is going to be something.

The SCORE was great to listen to this morning when they were talking about the cub rotation.  I believe the segment was produced by Fathom and Jack Parkman.  While it may corm true this year, it is not as of now even a debate.  The White Sox have 5 legitimate starters. Neither club has any depth.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Madrigal at 3B is going to be something.

The SCORE was great to listen to this morning when they were talking about the cub rotation.  I believe the segment was produced by Fathom and Jack Parkman.  While it may corm true this year, it is not as of now even a debate.  The White Sox have 5 legitimate starters. Neither club has any depth.

Cubs rotation should be very solid if Steele continues his 2nd half dominance.   It will be interesting to see who’s better this year, Kopech or Wesneski.

11 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

This was the mantra under Cooper.  If he has three good pitches that he can locate he can be Giolito. 

Did everyone think he was going to be throwing 100 as a starter.  Over time maybe he will find it when he needs it, who knows.  He's the #5 starter at this point.

I expected upper 90s as a starter…and so did the Sox.  I don’t think anyone ever expected him to be in the 90 range, unless it was a slider.  Who knows what we will see with him this year.

• Like 1

• Capn12 unpinned this topic