ST- 3/27 and 3/28- Sox at Cubs

flavum

33 minutes ago, fathom said:

Cubs rotation should be very solid if Steele continues his 2nd half dominance.   It will be interesting to see who’s better this year, Kopech or Wesneski.

I'll take Kopech in a landslide. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, fathom said:

Cubs rotation should be very solid if Steele continues his 2nd half dominance.   It will be interesting to see who’s better this year, Kopech or Wesneski.

This could all be well and good and actually come true but if you were having a legitimate conversation about which staff is better right now, to go into the season with it is the White Sox and it's not a debate.

I am not certain any cub pitcher is better than any of the Sox five starters.  Could they be by the end of season sure. 

Stroman And Tallion don't make the Sox current rotation.   Tallion may over Clevenger. 

3 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

This could all be well and good and actually come true but if you were having a legitimate conversation about which staff is better right now, to go into the season with it is the White Sox and it's not a debate.

I am not certain any cub pitcher is better than any of the Sox five starters.  Could they be by the end of season sure. 

Stroman And Tallion don't make the Sox current rotation.   Tallion may over Clevenger. 

I would take Stroman, Taillon and Steele over Clevinger in a heartbeat.  Steele was superb last season in the second half.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Stroman is way better than Clevinger. 

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Stroman is way better than Clevinger. 

Yeah the homerism is strong. Cubs pitching was actually great after the ASB. If Giolito and Kopech are throwing 91-92 mph this year, give me Steele over both of those guys also.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, fathom said:

What makes you so confident in Kopech over Steele?  Steele is coming off a much better season, and both have the same number of MLB starts.

He never said he’d take Kopech over Steele. The question was about Kopech vs. Wesneski. 

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Honestly I'd rather Moncada be healthy than derail his season by rushing back from injury like he did last year. 

Did he rush back? I mean he missed six weeks or so to open the season didn't he?

Kopech five hits allowed, five runs, three walks in basically four innings. Not good.

Beginning to have doubts about him given the injuries and missed time and even worse the Sox have nothing reliable to take his place. Given how often pitchers get hurt today, it's bordering on criminal the Sox did not go out and sign some starting pitching depth. You need six starters to make it through the season given injuries and DH's.

Sox finish the spring season at 12-15-3 with one rain out. They go 1-1-2 against the Cubs.

Edited by Lip Man 1

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Kopech five hits allowed, five runs, three walks in basically four innings. Not good.

Beginning to have doubts about him given the injuries and missed time and even worse the Sox have nothing reliable to take his place. Given how often pitchers get hurt today, it's bordering on criminal the Sox did not go out and sign some starting pitching depth. You need six starters to make it through the season given injuries and DH's.

Sox finish the spring season at 12-15-3 with one rain out.

Rick Hahn Solo would have know way of knowing that the Sox have used 31 pitchers in past seasons. Six starters sounds optimistic. Pedro is going to feel undermined after a while. 

1 hour ago, pcq said:

Rick Hahn Solo would have know way of knowing that the Sox have used 31 pitchers in past seasons. Six starters sounds optimistic. Pedro is going to feel undermined after a while. 

The Sox used 6 starters in 2005. It was a major league record.

1 hour ago, pcq said:

• Capn12 unpinned this topic