Hawk did not retire

Soxfest

5 hours ago, JoshPR said:

I think it was 2 hours. 6-8 he would be living in Ohio

Doesn't Hawk live in Arizona now or somewhere like that?

In that case 6-8 hours for "home" games (including flights) would seem realistic.

15 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

He probably has more of JR's ear than a normal marketing guy. He is on the BOD and was a co-founder of JR's Silver Chalise VC company. I think it's done pretty well. But, I don't know how you blame him for RH and KW performance the last couple of seasons. 

I get that, but the reason someone like hawk is blaming brooks is because brooks probably did some market research and determined Hawk had lost his way AND he was a risk to the organization because of his gramps tendencies (meaning he was a risk on air to say something damaging.)

Obviously brooks has nothing to do with the product on the field as you noted, and it's not as if hawk not having an opinion on org operations would be a bad thing anyway.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Hawk is whining like he did on some broadcasts. He spent over 30 years with the organization in various capacities and made a great living. Perhaps things didn't end like he wanted, but overall, he had to be happy with the experience as a whole. Regardless, it was time for him to go.  I am not really interested in anything he has to say. 

• Thanks 1

Hawk is a legend, his catchprases were and always will be an essential part of my baseball vocabulary (my wife the O's fan says "put it on the board"), and in his prime as an announcer I never cared how biased he was, I loved that s%*# and that he was openly rooting for the team like me. But like several others have said, the last few years were just painful to listen to, he'd have tantrums on the air, long periods of awkward silence, droning on about the same old stories he's been telling since I was a kid... it was time, and Benetti was ready to step up.

• Like 3