2023 Predictions

flavum

White Sox 92-70

Twins 85-77

Guardians 83-79

Royal 69 - 93

Tigers 68 - 94

White Sox 2nd best record in AL.  Yankees win east.  Angels!! win west.  Astros, Jays and Mariners are wild cards, in that order. 

All of Eloy, TA and Robert play over 120 games.  Eloy hits 40+ homers.  Giolito is an all star and everyone gnashes their teeth when the Sox don't re-sign him.  Pedro Grifol is AL MOY.  

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

White Sox 92-70

Twins 85-77

Guardians 83-79

Royal 69 - 93

Tigers 68 - 94

White Sox 2nd best record in AL.  Yankees win east.  Angels!! win west.  Astros, Jays and Mariners are wild cards, in that order. 

All of Eloy, TA and Robert play over 120 games.  Eloy hits 40+ homers.  Giolito is an all star and everyone gnashes their team when the Sox don't sign him.  Pedro Grifol is AL MOY.  

This would be great. I am hoping they don't open the season getting embarrassed in Houston. I am going to the game Friday and sitting behind home plate, I assume its going to be Giolito on the mound so I hope your prediction is right.

22 minutes ago, flavum said:

Season record?

AL playoff teams?

other?

White Sox - 92-70 Wins division by 6 games

White Sox, Blue Jays, Astros, Mets, Padres, Cardinals win their divisions (already parlayed LOL).

Padres win the World Series.  Padres trade for Ohtani at the deadline.

5 minutes ago, T R U said:

This would be great. I am hoping they don't open the season getting embarrassed in Houston. I am going to the game Friday and sitting behind home plate, I assume its going to be Giolito on the mound so I hope your prediction is right.

It is Lynn. Gio has the 3rd game.  

I think I already predicted the Sox would win the division. However I wouldn't be surprised if the starting pitching collapsed. Gio and Kopech velocity seems to be down. Cease still can't find the strike zone as much as you would like an ace to do .

I think the offense and defense will be better but with so many guys who can't seem to stay healthy , it's expecting a lot to expect them to stay healthy.

Sox fan me says they win the division. Normal me says a helluva lot has to go right. They don't have the starting pitching depth and closing games may become a problem as well as the entire bullpen. Tough early schedule won't do them any favors as they try to unite as a team. 16 road games 13 home and many tough teams.

Romy will be the  most useful bench piece since he can run field and hit  (maybe but at least he has power).

Sox win the division with 90 wins.  Twins and Guardians are close all season, but the Sox pull away at the end.

They finally win a playoff series but lose to the Astros in the AL championship.

Vaughn hits 30+ HRs.
Eloy stays relatively healthy and hits 40+ HRs.
Benintendi has a BA better than .300 and hits 10+ HRs.
TA tears it up and has a career year.
Moncada returns to form a bit.  Bats .280, slugs 25+ HRs, and plays stellar defense.
Cease, Giolito, and Lynn all pitch well.  Kopech struggles early before settling down and pitches well down the stretch.  Clevinger is hot and cold but is serviceable as a #5.
Hendriks returns in mid-June.

Edited by hogan873

Play meaningful games in August/September.

Have a winning record for the season.

Anything above that is gravy in my book.

Considering everything that has happened over the last 18 months on and off the field, it's best to have modest goals with this organization.

78-84

Astros, Blue Jays, Rays, Yankees, Mariners, Guardians

Lose the division by 12 

Starting rotation struggles with health and consistency.  Sox lose a number of high scoring games.

Shitbag starter #5 DFA'd by mid May and the 5th spot becomes a black hole that haunts the team all season.

Yaz makes it a week before an IL stint.  DFA'd by June.  The rest of the starters remain mostly healthy.

Not trying to be doom & gloom, just gut feelings at the end of spring training. 

10 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I think they play better, are a little more healthier, but lack of depth with the starters will hurt. Better than 2022, but 82 or 83 wins not getting 19 each with . KC and Detroit. 

They had a losing record against KC last year, they never can beat KC. Not saying them as often is a plus for the Sox. 

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

78-84

Yaz makes it a week before an IL stint.  DFA'd by June.  The rest of the starters remain mostly healthy.

If the lineup san Yaz stays mostly healthy and they win 78 games, the pitching will need to be an absolute dumpster fire.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

If the lineup san Yaz stays mostly healthy and they win 78 games, the pitching will need to be an absolute dumpster fire.  

The rotation is the biggest question mark heading into the season for me.  I'm sticking with the number I had in my head before spring training.  I hope I'm wrong, but too many things have to go right IMO for me to share your optimism right now.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I have zero expectations this year. Just going to enjoy baseball. If the Sox are competitive that's a bonus

I cannot peg this team at all so no predictions from me

That is a healthy outlook to have. Enjoy the game. 

To me, Cleveland is clearly a 90+ win team. They have potentially the best pen in the majors behind a good starting staff, excellent defense and fundamentals, the best manager in the game and plenty of good young hitters. They are a little short on power, but I just don’t see how people think they are going to be barely above .500. This is a team that is only getting better imo. Obviously, a rash of injuries could ruin any season, but otherwise I don’t see them winning less than 90.

3 hours ago, flavum said:

88-74, good enough for the 3-seed

Astros, Blue Jays, White Sox, Yankees, Mariners, Guardians 

going to predict the Sox rotation stays relatively healthy, and make 150 starts

Eloy stays off the IL and hits 46 homers

If those last two things happen, I would predict well above 88 wins. Can’t imagine this starting five making 150 starts though. Last year, this five combined to make 120 starts total