3/30 OPENING DAY GT: Sox @ Astros (Cease v Valdez) 6PM ESPN

Buehrle>Wood

11 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

You're close. Rock the baby guy is actually Luis Garcia. I believe he'll be pitching on Sunday.

The new rules turned his old wind up into a balk though, so he scrapped it.

Right… thank goodness.

Per DVS:

Colas, who would be making his major league debut, is not expected to start in right field. Gonzalez, who hit six homers in spring training and is getting groomed to be a utility player, a role Garcia held down, is the likely starter in right field against Astros lefty Framber Valdez. Eloy Jimenez is expected to be the designated hitter.

• Haha 1

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

Romy over Eloy is the best thing about that.  A tough leftie is exactly when you want to sit Colas.  

Colas is 24 years old. Dude is oler than Tatis Junior and Andres Gimenez. Let's not be scared and hide him. Bad move already from Grifol and company. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Bossanoveralls said:

Was Romy the right fielder who kept missing the cutoff man?

If he played RF for the Sox last year, he missed the cutoff man. I think everyone did, and when they threw it to him, it was usually dropped or skipped by...one of the more awful seasons of all time, yet somehow they won 81 games. Just shows you how good they could and should be. Hopefully Pedro can clean up a lot of things.

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If he played RF for the Sox last year, he missed the cutoff man. I think everyone did, and when they threw it to him, it was usually dropped or skipped by...one of the more awful seasons of all time, yet somehow they won 81 games. Just shows you how good they could and should be. Hopefully Pedro can clean up a lot of things.

Thanks, Dick.

• Thanks 1

Well gents here we are, we made it, another Opening Day.  Hope springs eternal and I sure hope last year was the darkness before the dawn, there is nowhere to go but up.  I hope the offseason has treated you all well and we have more celebrating than complaining in 2023 on Soxtalk,  Nothing left to do but sit back, relax and strap it down for another season of White Sox Baseball.  Let's get to work!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Colas is 24 years old. Dude is oler than Tatis Junior and Andres Gimenez. Let's not be scared and hide him. Bad move already from Grifol and company. 

I am as high on Oscar Colassal as anyone, but even I don't think it's a bad move. Valdez when is a GB machine. I would expect a HR more from Romy than I would from Colas against him. Hit HR's win games.

If Romy goes 0-4 with 3 K's and an error I reserve the right to retract everything I said.

White Sox are trying to break a four game losing streak on opening day.

Last opening day win came in 2018 when they beat the Royals 14-7. Matt Davidson had three home runs.

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Im not too concerned about hot and cold during spring training. Bill Melton once hit 10 homers in spring training for the Indians in 1977. He hit none during the season. But having Colas debut against this guy would be cruel.

Can'yt completely ignore it either.About 5 guys on the 26 won their spots because of their spring and BP injury.