3/30 OPENING DAY GT: Sox @ Astros (Cease v Valdez) 6PM ESPN

Buehrle>Wood

15 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I am as high on Oscar Colassal as anyone, but even I don't think it's a bad move. Valdez when is a GB machine. I would expect a HR more from Romy than I would from Colas against him. Hit HR's win games.

If Romy goes 0-4 with 3 K's and an error I reserve the right to retract everything I said.

How dare you look at this objectively.

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, Bossanoveralls said:

Grifol afraid to release the lineup.

He knows his ass gonna git tore up on Soxtalk.

lmao one second after I read this I get a notification on the MLB app:

1. TA
2. Robert
3. Vaughn
4. Eloy
5. Yoan
6. Benintendi
7. Grandal
8. Elvis
9. Romy

Just now, Quin said:

lmao one second after I read this I get a notification on the MLB app:

1. TA
2. Robert
3. Vaughn
4. Eloy
5. Yoan
6. Benintendi
7. Grandal
8. Elvis
9. Romy

Let me do the TLR version:

1. TA - SS
2. Leury - 2B (making the team)
3. Benintendi - RF
4. Eloy - LF
5. Grandal - C
6. Robert - CF
7. Moncada - 3B
8. Vaughn - DH
9. Sheets - 1B

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Fire 1
  • TLR 2

It's criminal that Romy Gonzalez is the starting RF on Opening Day for a team trying to "contend" and it's not due to any type of injury. I understand why Colas isn't in the lineup, but the lack of depth in the franchise is insane. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Fire 1
  • TLR 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

It's criminal that Romy Gonzalez is the starting RF on Opening Day for a team trying to "contend" and it's not due to any type of injury. I understand why Colas isn't in the lineup, but the lack of depth in the franchise is insane. 

Romy is seeing the ball so well right now. I don’t care that it was only spring training. He has something like 6 HR in his last 10 games. Hitting is extremely mental, and when you’re swinging a good stick, you want to keep it going. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

It's the chicken and the egg. Everyone always says the depth is terrible but how would you know if young guys never get the opportunity for extended playing time. Also, there's always this sense that every other major league team has 1-9 above average starters and their back ups are replacement level which just isn't the case at all. Romy may very well fall flat and be awful but I'd rather see it happen then just assume it's going to. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CBJ03 said:

It's the chicken and the egg. Everyone always says the depth is terrible but how would you know if young guys never get the opportunity for extended playing time. Also, there's always this sense that every other major league team has 1-9 above average starters and their back ups are replacement level which just isn't the case at all. Romy may very well fall flat and be awful but I'd rather see it happen then just assume it's going to. 

Romy had a AAA slash line of .198/.282/.339 in 135 PA's in 2022. His numbers were slightly better at the ML level in a similar number of PA's. 

"Opportunity" and Romy being the best option to start in RF on Opening Day are two very different things. 

Oh, and this will be the 4th time Romy Gonzalez is playing RF since he was in college as a 21 year old. Shame on Sox fans expecting a slightly better option for a premiere hitting position. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Tony said:

Sir, I made this checks notes  two years ago and I look forward to using it again.

DxrVWF9.jpeg