3/30 OPENING DAY GT: Sox @ Astros (Cease v Valdez) 6PM ESPN

Buehrle>Wood

Just now, almagest said:

Houston has a real good pitching staff but not this good. Plenty of good opportunities tonight. 

We've had chances. We've just choked during every opportunity. It's not like we're getting unlucky on batted balls that we've hit. 

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

I'm getting a little worried about Vaughn honestly. I wish they didn't rush him. 

I’d be a lot more worried that he’s just a very average hitter.  I will always recall during his draft year that some scouts said he beat up on the bad teams and looked very mediocre against Friday night pitchers 

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

he just sucks. has nothing to do with being rushed. look how long his swing is now, looks like s%*#.

Everybody has basically guaranteed he would be an above average hitter. Hope he can still do it. 

Edited by ron883

1 minute ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Ahhh White Sox baseball, did we just really over rate our players during the “rebuild” or whatever the f*** that was?

And tanked and drafted two very low ceiling, maxed-out college infielders with the high draft picks 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’d be a lot more worried that he’s just a very average hitter.  I will always recall during his draft year that some scouts said he beat up on the bad teams and looked very mediocre against Friday night pitchers 

Beckham Vaughn and pretty sure Madrigal was close to winning Golden Spikes Award. 

Zack Collins lol? 

Burger got some votes too.

Frank Thomas and Ventura the only successes.

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Prolly shouldn’t draft plodding first baseman that high in the draft

• Like 1