3/30 OPENING DAY GT: Sox @ Astros (Cease v Valdez) 6PM ESPN

Buehrle>Wood

18 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Great and exciting first win. Cease with just amazing stuff. Some mistakes but hey the team battled and came through huge at the most critical time. 

Keep in mind this was maybe the best team in baseball they were battling with. Hopefully they can one of the next two and win the series. 

4 game series

4 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I really like the 1st 4 . Against Valdez and that sinker they have to go up the middle or the other way and take advantage of the no shift on the right side of the infield.

Cease limiting the walks and having a strong outing against a depleted Astros lineup will help net the Sox a victory.

Just as I predicted ! Sort of.

Just now, Joshua Strong said:

A couple base running blunders today. I don’t get why Moncada tried to stretch that hit into a triple, does anyone know if the 3rd base coach was telling him to?

I don’t know what happened, but by the time Tucker got to it, I thought it was going to be a stand up triple. Obviously, you can’t make the first out at third base- and I really don’t know why they didn’t review it either. Bad play. 

10 minutes ago, flavum said:

I don’t know what happened, but by the time Tucker got to it, I thought it was going to be a stand up triple. Obviously, you can’t make the first out at third base- and I really don’t know why they didn’t review it either. Bad play. 

They did review it. The out was confirmed. 

1 hour ago, Capn12 said:

If this were last season, Vaughn gets lifted for Leury Garcia PH opportunity.

(Not really, but maybe...)

If this was last season Leury Garcia would have been starting not on the bench to PH!

8 minutes ago, flavum said:

Ok thanks. I don’t know what ESPN was doing during the review.

That's what I was watching. I could've sworn I heard them say it was confirmed. I could be wrong. 

36 minutes ago, ptatc said:

That's what I was watching. I could've sworn I heard them say it was confirmed. I could be wrong. 

They did say it was being reviewed and that it was confirmed on-air but it happened really fast. It took very little time to review considering how close it looked on the replay. Umps have a review clock too I guess.

1 hour ago, Hang Wiffem said:

They did say it was being reviewed and that it was confirmed on-air but it happened really fast. It took very little time to review considering how close it looked on the replay. Umps have a review clock too I guess.

The review was way too quick for how close it was.  I 100% thought he was safe.  It didn't look like he applied the tag on his chest until the hand was on the bag.  Moncada slid around it.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, flavum said:

They did review it. It was a solid slide, play was super close. He looked safe from some angles. 

Edited by ChiSox59

11 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Moncada looks way better this year

He's not late on fastballs anymore. 

I can't believe they gave Abreu an error on the play he got out at 3rd on. That ball was smoked.