3/31 GT: Sox @ Astros (Lynn v Javier) 7PM, NBCSN

Buehrle>Wood

The back half of that Astros lineup is ass. Hopefully the bats get going a little more today and we don't have to pull one out of our ass again.

Excited about this one, ill be sitting behind home plate. Hopefully we show out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, T R U said:

The back half of that Astros lineup is ass. Hopefully the bats get going a little more today and we don't have to pull one out of our ass again.

Excited about this one, ill be sitting behind home plate. Hopefully we show out.

Like I said yesterday, good time to play them. Take advantage of the fact we aren’t playing 4 in Houston when they are healthy.

52 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

I dont have the best feeling since the Astros own Lynn at home, but anything can happen

Houston is literally Lynn's kryptonite. Hopefully he has his new curve ball working today so they can't just sit fastball all game long. 

• Quin pinned this topic
19 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Weird (in a good way) not to have that unnecessary day-after-opening-day-off-day thing.

It's such a stupid scheduling quirk that has been in place for way too long

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Because of Lynn?  Who caught Lance most of the time last year?

Sorry, not because of Lynn (as far as I know). I was just wondering why the post I quoted didn’t include Grandal when he said he hopes our lefties pick us up today. 

Hopefully today we see a much better batted ball profile as Javier is more of a flyball pitcher.  Our team crushed some balls yesterday, but hit them right into the ground.  Look at these exit velocities from yesterday.  We had 11 balls hit over 100 MPH yesterday, but all but one were 12 degrees or less.  The only one at 20 or above was hit for a HR.  I know it’s only one game, but it does seem like there is an effort to sell-out a bit of contact for power.  Moncada in particular stood out to me as swinging super hard during yesterday’s game.  Excited to see if this change in approach proves true, because it’s clear this team is filled with guys who can put the ball in the seats if let loose.

32AA4B55-8DCB-4827-B10E-FC4899E1640A.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KipWellsFan said:

Good point about launch angle, but presumably there is only so much you can do against someone like Framber Valdez. And that one foul ball that Moncada bombed had a good LA.

Very true…Framber is not a good litmus test.  The EVs are at least a promising start and we see more lift today.  I’m optimistic with this coaching staff that they’ll eventually right the launch angle ship that Menechino caused to sink.

1 hour ago, JoeC said:

Weird (in a good way) not to have that unnecessary day-after-opening-day-off-day thing.

Yep. I love it, but also kind of like the couple early days off where you can skip a 5th starter and stick him in the pen for like a week and carry an extra bench guy instead of a lower bullpen arm.

Edited by Bob Sacamano