I don`t mind Romy subbing in for Elvis now and again. But there`s really nothing from the statistics to suggest Romy would be better than Andrus.

Do we think Andrus gives a defensive plus over Romy? Maybe it's hard to tell since Elvis is out of position.

Edited by KipWellsFan

8 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

Sox have faced Desclafani once with a stat line of

.273/.304/.682/.986

1G, 23PA, 22AB, 5R on 6H

3HR,1BB, 5K

Unfortunately everyone involved with that game in a good home run way, will not be involved in this one lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KipWellsFan said:

I don`t mind Romy subbing in for Elvis now and again. But there`s really nothing from the statistics to suggest Romy would be better than Andrus.

Do we think Andrus gives a defensive plus over Romy? Maybe it's hard to tell since Elvis is out of position.

I think its probably safe to say Elvis will give you better defense at any infield position than Romy. Elvis has looked good at 2B. Its obviously early, but Elvis has looked poor at the plate including not executing with RISP less than 1 out situations a few times. I see no problem with giving Romy at bats there if Elvis isn't hitting to let him try to earn that spot back.  Obviously this is a larger picture thing, I am not suggesting they just ditch the Elvis 2B experiment less than a week into the season.  But I do think Romy deserves a start at 2B in this series; I personally would have had him in there today.  

This is coming from a guy that had zero issue whatsoever with signing Elvis for $3M, and think he adds value to this roster even if he's not hitting much.  Realistically, outside of a hot few weeks with the Sox last season, Elvis hasn't hit much for a half decade, so I am not surprised. 

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Unfortunately everyone involved with that game in a good home run way, will not be involved in this one lol

Also that we could only muster 5 runs out of those 3 HRs. Hopefully the hitting mentality has changed some and we can get on base.

26 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

Sox have faced Desclafani once with a stat line of

.273/.304/.682/.986

1G, 23PA, 22AB, 5R on 6H

3HR,1BB, 5K

Let's hope the Giants stay bad today. In 3 games besides being 1-2, they are averaging 2.3 runs a game which is tied for 6th worst in MLB. They have a stat line of: 194/.282/.286/.568. Most importantly, for a strong strikeout pitcher as Kopech is, the Giants hitters lead the Majors in most strikeouts with 41 K's in 3 games or 13.67 K's per game. Time to bring your A game Michael!

Edited by The Kids Can Play
  • Thanks 1

We really need at least 5 out of Kopech today. If not I can't see us winning unless the offense wants to score 8 or so. It's fairly amazing how thin the bullpen is and how good the rotation looks at the same time.  Lets hope Kopech is healthy and ready to pitch 160 innings because if he can, we'll have one of the best rotations in baseball it appears.

13 minutes ago, bmags said:

Benintendi gets #1 today.

He made a helluva play to avoid Robert imo. If that's Eloy both guys are probably carted off. Also, on the topic of outfield defense nice play by Colas and it was nice to see Clevinger sing his praises post game. If you're gonna be a douchbag off the field at least be a good team mate in the clubhouse.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Let's hope the Giants stay bad today. In 3 games besides being 1-2, they are averaging 2.3 runs a game which is tied for 6th worst in MLB. They have a stat line of: 194/.282/.286/.568. Most importantly, for a strong strikeout pitcher as Kopech is, the Giants hitters lead the Majors in most strikeouts with 41 K's in 3 games or 13.67 K's per game. Time to bring your A game Michael!

that's promising, I see an easy win today

12 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He made a helluva play to avoid Robert imo. If that's Eloy both guys are probably carted off. Also, on the topic of outfield defense nice play by Colas and it was nice to see Clevinger sing his praises post game. If you're gonna be a douchbag off the field at least be a good team mate in the clubhouse.

I don't follow our minor league system, was colas an above average fielder in RF? 

6 minutes ago, Quin said:

He was playing an average-to-above average CF most of last year.

Most the scouting reports I read on him (was doing a bunch of reading last night, finally got around to brushing up on some of the younger guys) said he'll be an above average RF with good range, decent instincts and a good arm. I was thinking maybe like +5 runs over average or +15 over the course of the year above a guy like Fields, who would be -10, so a full 1.5 WAR difference just having him out there.

33 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Nah,  no collision.  He never would have gotten there.

• Haha 1