Eloy to IL, low grade hamstring strain - retroactive to 4/4

raBBit

6 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I don’t think they will get enough for the pieces they have to justify rebuilding again. A rebuild makes more sense when JR passes and the team as sold, but not with this owner and GM. 

They aren't going to rebuild anytime soon. They might trade TA if Montgomery is mashing, but thats a longshot IMO. The thing is, they are right where they were at after 2000, 2005, 2008. Maybe they have a season where all goes right and its 2005 all over again, but anyone thinking the holy triumvirate of JR, KW, RH were capable of building a team with sustained success, wasn't paying attention the last 23 years. 

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

Why is everyone piling on the dude for a mild hamstring strain? This isn't a big deal and  everyone here sounds like a dick that only wants to be right. 

"Mild" depends on your definition though doesn't it. They are saying two/three weeks. I'm guessing if it is three weeks he'll have to go to Charlotte for a few games to get back into playing shape.   

The guy's injury history is a long one, some of it appears to be bad luck, some of it is "baseball-stupidity" (all the injuries crashing into walls) but the fact is he hasn't played in roughly (if I remember a recent story) 40% of potential games.

That's not piling on, those are the facts. 

Jesse Rogers pissed Rick Hahn off last year when he asked if Eloy was injury prone but he wasn't asking the question to be an ass, just look at the record. 

Eloy loses 30 pounds which was great and he STILL gets hurt doing a simple thing like running the bases.

With him (and some others on this team) it is constant. Just another reason why many Sox fans are angry, frustrated and have decided to scale back interest.  

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 4/5/2023 at 2:04 PM, EloyJenkins said:

Why is everyone piling on the dude for a mild hamstring strain? This isn't a big deal and  everyone here sounds like a dick that only wants to be right. 

Maybe because of this, so far, in his career?:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

They aren't going to rebuild anytime soon. They might trade TA if Montgomery is mashing, but thats a longshot IMO. The thing is, they are right where they were at after 2000, 2005, 2008. Maybe they have a season where all goes right and its 2005 all over again, but anyone thinking the holy triumvirate of JR, KW, RH were capable of building a team with sustained success, wasn't paying attention the last 23 years. 

Rebuilds by stupid people are ---------

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

With him (and some others on this team) it is constant. Just another reason why many Sox fans are angry, frustrated and have decided to scale back interest.  

Lip: Not sure how you concluded that White Sox fans have scaled back interest in the White Sox. The 2022 Sox attendance was up over 2020. I will assume with a new Manager, attendance will be up to begin this season as well. 

Are season tickets down over the 2022 season? As a fan, I think a new manager will increase interest with the team to begin a new season  this early . 

What do you base interest scaled back so far this season?

58 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Lip: Not sure how you concluded that White Sox fans have scaled back interest in the White Sox. The 2022 Sox attendance was up over 2020.

I hope that's a typo.

Pretty sure no season will ever have an attendance figure as low as 2020.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, joejoesox said:

Interested in which hamstring it is. I can't remember what game it was, I think one of the last 2-3 games. He was running to 1B and he landed kinda funny on the 1B bag with his right leg. 

His what hurts. If it was the same leg as last year, this becomes a more serious issue. If it is the other leg, it becomes a more serious issue. 

Edited by Chick Mercedes