4/6/23 Giants @ White Sox 1:10 Game Time

wegner

27 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

yes, if he sits every time there is a lefty. (which he has)

I thought Grifol said he would face lefties but sit sometimes early in the season with certain matchups. I really wish people would jump to conclusions based on one week. I think Colas will face left handed starters this year, don't you? 

6 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I thought Grifol said he would face lefties but sit sometimes early in the season with certain matchups. I really wish people would jump to conclusions based on one week. I think Colas will face left handed starters this year, don't you? 

I mean I would hope he does.  I was all for Romy starting vs Framber Valdez.. But Alex Wood does not scream "tough lefty" to me.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

if Oscar Colas is playing 5 out of 7 games, and pinch hitting in a sixth, is he "platooning"? 

Well, the is only the 2nd game in 3 days, and we are playing a 2B in RF... so it seems like we could have used Duvall.  Who is also off to a hot start. 

The idea that Benintendi and Robert are going to play 155+, Colas is going to be the real deal AND our DH options will be effective and healthy (already a fail) seems like a longshot.  Like a 100000 to 1.  

A 4th OF option ahead of Marisnick and Hamilton seemed and still seems warranted, especially considering Colas could have easily been held out until warm weather.  I'm not the leader of the "just spend more money" segment of white sox internet, but this felt like one time where just a little more could have really helped.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greg Hibbard said:

if Oscar Colas is playing 5 out of 7 games, and pinch hitting in a sixth, is he "platooning"? 

The way he's been used so far is quite literally the definition of a platoon.  But yes, it's only been 7 games so no reason to freak out about his usage yet but hopefully he starts playing against lefties soon.  It was only a 100 PA or so sample size but the guy killed left handed pitching in the minors last year, no reason whatsoever to platoon the guy.

• Like 2

Mancada is not in the lineup.  Is he hurt after the fouling a ball off his toe? If he and Jimenez both go on the dl then I give up. These guys should carry the nikname crystal. Isn't the best ability availability?

5 minutes ago, soxrwhite said:

Mancada is not in the lineup.  Is he hurt after the fouling a ball off his toe? If he and Jimenez both go on the dl then I give up. These guys should carry the nikname crystal. Isn't the best ability availability?

He is out for the season. Burger is much better.

• Haha 1
  • TLR 1

16 minutes ago, flavum said:

Hill was on the mound in 2006 when AJ and Michael Barrett got into it. 17 years later…still going!

Sox face Vince Velasquez on Saturday. 

Some Very nice pitching matchups for the Sox next four games