4/10- Sox at Twins, 1:10

flavum

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

Not sure how many teams were lining up to give him $75 million after slugging < .400 last year.

Slick Rick was convinced otherwise. 

Yankees were willing to give him 4 years and $60 million, fwiw. 

Just now, chw42 said:

That wouldn't hurt the Yankees though, were going to be stuck with the contract and its going to hinder us from making other moves.

If he can hit .300 with a high OBP that would be worth it for sure. He cant hit 3rd though, I don't understand that at all.

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Hanser's play that hurt Tim led to a run but wasn't an error. 3 errors, but 4 costly misplays.

Don't forget that after Sheets made that error, he cut off the throw that may have gotten an out at home.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Not sure how many teams were lining up to give him $75 million after slugging < .400 last year.

Slick Rick was convinced otherwise. 

Just now, chw42 said:

Benintendi might be boring, and it hasn't been a great start in very SSS, but the deal is fine. $15M AAV isnt exactly superstar money 2023-2027, he adds lineup balance, OBP and is a solid OF.  He solves alot of problems.  But he isn't some star and Sox fans need to realize that. 

• Like 3

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Benintendi might be boring, and it hasn't been a great start in very SSS, but the deal is fine. $15M AAV isnt exactly superstar money 2023-2027, he adds lineup balance, OBP and is a solid OF.  He solves alot of problems.  But he isn't some star and Sox fans need to realize that. 

I didn't like the signing (my avatar was Joey Gallo in a Sox hat for like 8 months) but still agreed with all of this. People are spending way too much time fixating on Bentendi's contract when he's the 172nd highest paid player in baseball this year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2