4/12 - Sox @ Twins: Let’s Win the Series

ChiSox59

• ChiSox59 changed the title to 4/12 - Sox @ Twins: Let’s Win the Series

Only five in the starting lineup we probably wouldn’t have predicted three months ago, six if you count Grandal at DH. Definitely not very trusting with Burger defense at third considering how bad Alberto has been…

Luis Robert tied with Arraez and Outman for third overall in MLB fWAR.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=y&type=8&season=2023&month=0&season1=2023&ind=0

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Why wouldn’t you DH Sheets, put Colas in right, put Yaz at catcher? Why Seby?

Day game after night game is usually pretty standard for the backup catcher to play. Day off tomorrow tho, so I hear ya. 

Does Yaz really deserve a start at DH after his craptacular at bats last night??

Benintendi led off the game yesterday with a great long at bat to set the tone....Sox score 2 runs.....Grandal and Burger have a couple of shitty at bats and let the starter off the hook.

Need a good start from Giolito....and Lucas might want to limit the grounders to 3B if at all possible with that butcher over there again today.

I am starting to get concerned about Pedro and Alberto. Hanser has shown no signs he is a major league quality defensive 3B. The options are certainly thin defensively without Moncada available, but have the last two days not been enough Hanser at 3B? Yikes. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I am starting to get concerned about Pedro and Alberto. Hanser has shown no signs he is a major league quality defensive 3B. The options are certainly thin defensively without Moncada available, but have the last two days not been enough Hanser at 3B? Yikes. 

Grifol really likes Alberto he stated that early in Spring training. Most managers have a favorite utility guy. Sound familiar? 

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Grifol really likes Alberto he stated that early in Spring training. Most managers have a favorite utility guy. Sound familiar? 

I think that's the biggest thing we are concerned about.

• Like 1

Just now, wegner said:

I think that's the biggest thing we are concerned about.

What most don't realize is that it's common practice. Not all of course but many mangers have that guy. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

It doesn't help that Romy has looked so awful at the plate.

4 minutes ago, ChiSoxTrojan said:

It doesn't help that Romy has looked so awful at the plate.

Agreed. Tough to play Romy today and recognize that. Just dreadful at bats lately. I’d probably have Burger at 3B, Colas in RF and Sheets at DH today myself. But maybe something is barking at Colas this morning. 

12 minutes ago, RibbieRubarb said:

Who would you start with your three top players on the IL?

What I mean is.,.

These are all backup players who should only be spot starting not taking on full duties for an extended period of time.

Pedro can only start who he was given. Who is there that is consistent enough to be getting the nod? 
Depth is our issue and it always has been...

15 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Agreed. Tough to play Romy today and recognize that. Just dreadful at bats lately. I’d probably have Burger at 3B, Colas in RF and Sheets at DH today myself. But maybe something is barking at Colas this morning. 

Or maybe Grifol just wanted to give the rookie a day off, especially after his bad AB in the 10th that pretty much decided the game.

• Quin pinned this topic