4/12 - Sox @ Twins: Let’s Win the Series

ChiSox59

Just now, brijames1957 said:

The only difference between last year and this is the Sox will be effectively out of contention by June 1st.

At least the expectations are way lower so people won’t be expecting some magical turnaround 

Just now, fathom said:

At least the expectations are way lower so people won’t be expecting some magical turnaround 

Have you seen the AL Central? Being out of contention that early is hilarious. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, whitesoxfan99 said:

I mean other than his stretch with the Sox last year he’s been a bad hitter for like 6 years now.

There was a reason he was available at that price. He's this year's Keppinger, Carlos Hernanadez, Josh Harrison, Leury. In other words, a guy whose heirs are very grateful someone employs Rick Hahn as a baseball executive.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Jesus christ. That is HS level outfield play. Wasn't even slicing and he managed to misread it by 20 feet and then stumble over himself turning the wrong way. Even if he doesn't fall he's going to have a hard time catching it.

You can't even be mad at Gavin, you have to blame the coaches that insist you can take really bad athletes and just shove them into a corner OF.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 2

The Twins have 8 runs this series. Only 3 of them were scored from a non-defensive mistake because they were from homers. Every other run has been a result of an error or defensive mis-play. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Jesus christ. That is HS level outfield play. Wasn't even slicing and he managed to misread it by 20 feet and then stumble over himself turning the wrong way. Even if he doesn't fall he's going to have a hard time catching it.

You can't even be mad at Gavin, you have to blame the coaches that insist you can take really bad athletes and just shove them into a corner OF.

I don't have speakers right now but does this video come with circus music?

8 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

I mean other than his stretch with the Sox last year he’s been a bad hitter for like 6 years now.

Even on Oakland last year, in a lineup with presumably less protection, he was still a league average hitter. He just seems lost at the plate right now. I thought he was pressing for 2000, but it hasn't improved since he got it.

He's been a slow starter in the past so maybe he turns it around, but can't imagine he gets long if Sosa or someone takes off.

1 minute ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Even on Oakland last year, in a lineup with presumably less protection, he was still a league average hitter. He just seems lost at the plate right now. I thought he was pressing for 2000, but it hasn't improved since he got it.

He's been a slow starter in the past so maybe he turns it around, but can't imagine he gets long if Sosa or someone takes off.

His timing is terrible.  Seems to be way out in front of everything 

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The Twins have 8 runs this series. Only 3 of them were scored from a non-defensive mistake because they were from homers. Every other run has been a result of an error or defensive mis-play. 

And this is why I didn't renew my 20 game plan.  Terrible baseball is not fun to watch.  And to think they almost sucked me right back in after that win in Houston.

2 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Hahn has shown he can't pick a 2B. If they insist he remain GM, they need to fade him. Ask him who he likes at 2B, and eliminate that player from consideration. I am not kidding.

• Haha 1