4/12 - Sox @ Twins: Let’s Win the Series

ChiSox59

1 minute ago, Johno said:

I’m not g”impressed with our new manager!!!   We are looking at a very long season.   Total BS for an organization that’s supposed to be in there “championship years”!!!

Some teams try to emulate the Dodgers or Rays.  The Sox try to copy the Royals.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fire 3

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

A.Chapman/Vaughn was off speed or slightly lower velo? 

Feels inevitable he will be Sox closer 2-3 years from now...since a Royal right now. 

Chapman for $3.5 million would have made a lot of sense actually. Especially since he signed after the team learned about Liam's diagnosis. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Some teams try to emulate the Dodgers or Rays.  The Sox try to copy the Royals.

At least it should be the 2013-16 version... but we almost ended up stuck with Alex Gordon if not for a last minute change of heart.

Good times, Rick Hahn. 

Edited by caulfield12

27 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Madrigal having a pretty nice start to his year. I didn't really like the kid but it sure would have been nice to turn that asset into something better than AJ Pollock for a year.

1 RBI and 5/15 -  all slappy singles. I am good without him. 

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

1 RBI and 5/15 -  all slappy singles. I am good without him. 

Of course if Z.Burdi and the bullpen piece in that Kimbrel trade became what they were supposed to be... 

Giving credit to Hahn for not signing Bellinger will be Ron's next thread idea... 

Edited by caulfield12

14 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Can’t believe we FINALLY move on from Leury, only to get Leury 2.0 in Hanser Alberto.

Only…Alberto sucks at defense, too.

Something has to give Friday or Saturday when they activate Eloy.  Maybe its a Burger or Sosa option.  But  Hanser certainly should have played himself off this roster the last 48 hours.  We'll have to see what they do. 

38 minutes ago, Tony said:

But again, that's what we've sort of been saying...It's not 13 games in April. 

This has been White Sox Baseball since about August of 2021. 

Not telling you "not to believe" and yes, I agree there still is a lot of talent on this roster...but there is FAR more evidence that this team/core isn't very good and holding onto hope that it will all suddenly just "click" doesn't come with very high odds

It's proof that the GM cannot properly construct a roster and should be fired. 

22 minutes ago, Johno said:

I’m not g”impressed with our new manager!!!   We are looking at a very long season.   Total BS for an organization that’s supposed to be in there “championship years”!!!

Ricky Renteria is looking better and better and the players liked and busted their butts for him.

I hated the TLR hiring with a passion.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

5-8
0-3-1 in series.
If this persists, they really would have an opportunity to retool.  But they'll salary dump instead.

Hard to feel like it would matter either way when Hahn and Co would still be the ones making the moves.

• Thanks 1