This team is going to lose 90 plus games...

LittleHurtCG

31 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

4th worst record in baseball as things stand right now. The tank is on, baby.

https://www.tankathon.com/mlb

Probably can't catch the three worst. 

Madrigal Vaughn draft territory but not Rodon at #3. 

Whatever they do, don't take Brecht from Iowa it will ruin his career being tainted by Hasn't poisonous touch... 

On 4/19/2023 at 5:57 PM, South Side Fireworks Man said:

I was never a fan of "tanking" i.e. losing on purpose.  I hope everyone that was cheering on the tank is enjoying the result of the tank now. 

Next time I hope the Sox have a competent GM in charge of rebuilding while the team is still trying their best to win every 

A competent owner is required to hire a competent President and GM.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Down now with Oakland KC Washington (-6) and the hapless Colorado Rockies who still manage to draw great crowds no matter what... see Bulls, Chicago. 

I'd take any of those teams over the Sox in a 3 game series right now. 

4 minutes ago, Green Line said:

If they were smart they’d have TLR on the first flight to Toronto tomorrow to catch the next series as a consultant.  The boys aren’t responding to Pedro, they don’t respect him.

The idea of having someone to mentor Pedro is not terrible, but the idea of getting TLR back is.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Green Line said:

If they were smart they’d have TLR on the first flight to Toronto tomorrow to catch the next series as a consultant.  The boys aren’t responding to Pedro, they don’t respect him.

They probably respect him more than the drunken corpse you seem to want to bring back as a consultant.  Which I admit isn’t saying much, but there’s no evidence to suggest that Pedro has lost the team a month into the season.  He’s been awful no question, but so has everyone else in the dugout.  Dragging TLR back could only make things worse. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

They probably respect him more than the drunken corpse you seem to want to bring back as a consultant.  Which I admit isn’t saying much, but there’s no evidence to suggest that Pedro has lost the team a month into the season.  He’s been awful no question, but so has everyone else in the dugout.  Dragging TLR back could only make things worse. 

TLR is now involved in trying to get an MLB franchise located in Nashville... 

52 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Is it wrong if i revoke my white sox fandom until Jerry croaks or sells? 

By the end of May it will be painfully obvious that 1/4th or 1/3rd of the fanbase has simply gone into hibernation (or cryo freeze if this was a sci fi story)... waiting desperately for changes at the top and mostly just hoping to outlive Jerry and Hahn. 

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

By the end of May it will be painfully obvious that 1/4th or 1/3rd of the fanbase has simply gone into hibernation (or cryo freeze if this was a sci fi story)... waiting desperately for changes at the top and mostly just hoping to outlive Jerry and Hahn. 

Sign me up

7 hours ago, reiks12 said:

Is it wrong if I revoke my white sox fandom until Jerry croaks or sells? 

No, if it makes a loyal fan that upset then by all means they should revoke their fandom. However if most frustrated Sox fans instead would show Jerry in another direct message, by refusing to attend games anymore and send the POS owner a serious message the fans are fed up and had enough! The die-hard fans once and for all must send a statement to this apathetic and arrogant owner that his lack of caring and disrespect to his loyal fans, which is destroying the team they love and support, will no longer be tolerated. 

I realize this won't happen to the degree it needs to, but if it did, I truly believe change would happen. 

Trading Gio Grandal and Lopez will help them reach that goal faster... 

Yasmani Grandal, C, White Sox
.257/.342/.443, 2 HR, 7 RBIs

"Grandal missed about a month and a half last year due to knee and back injuries. He looked lost when he was healthy, batting .202 with five home runs and 27 RBIs in 99 games. But so far, the 34-year-old has put that behind him and looks more like the version of Grandal who raked for the White Sox in 2021 (155 OPS+, 23 homers).

The biggest surprise has been Grandal’s penchant for hitting doubles, already matching his 2022 total of seven. He’s also been better defensively, going from -12 blocks above average (second lowest in MLB, per Statcast) to +3 (sixth best)."

https://www.mlb.com/news/healthy-bounce-back-players-2023

If Katz survives the year, John Flaherty becomes the #1 FA target almost by default. 

Edited by caulfield12

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

"Grandal missed about a month and a half last year due to knee and back injuries. He looked lost when he was healthy, batting .202 with five home runs and 27 RBIs in 99 games. But so far, the 34-year-old has put that behind him and looks more like the version of Grandal who raked for the White Sox in 2021 (155 OPS+, 23 homers).

The biggest surprise has been Grandal’s penchant for hitting doubles, already matching his 2022 total of seven. He’s also been better defensively, going from -12 blocks above average (second lowest in MLB, per Statcast) to +3 (sixth best)."

If Katz survives the year, John Flaherty becomes the #1 FA target almost by default. 

Great another pitcher with injury issues.

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Grandal isn't going to bring back much and should probably be traded before he gets hurt again. Grandal to the Yankees or Mets makes some sense. 

On 4/17/2023 at 6:33 AM, Dick Allen said:

Defense and the bullpen are killing this team.

Yes for sure, but the offense has had way too many Ks vs bases on balls with virtually no power. Once again Sox have to do a lot of work to score runs. And the starting pitching lines have been horrendous of late.

On 4/23/2023 at 2:55 AM, caulfield12 said:

It’s worse than that.  What kid in his right mind would grow up a Sox fan?  They had one good season that was an outlier, outside the trend of less than mediocrity that has been the staple of this franchise the last decade and a half.  

If I were a kid growing up now I’d never be a Cubs fan but I could see growing up rooting for the Brewers or the Cardinals.  The Sox wouldn’t be on my radar screen.

• Fire 1