This team is going to lose 90 plus games...

LittleHurtCG

They will easily lose 90. It’s not a good team playing poorly. It’s a bad team. 40 games in with their record, their manager publicly says they are playing with no urgency. If it isn’t there now, it’s not going to show up any time soon. 

With their minor league situation, this is a team that is going to suck for many years. This regime will eventually have to go and will leave a bigger mess than perhaps any regime in Chicago pro sports history, and that’s saying something. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

They will easily lose 90. It’s not a good team playing poorly. It’s a bad team. 40 games in with their record, their manager publicly says they are playing with no urgency. If it isn’t there now, it’s not going to show up any time soon. 

With their minor league situation, this is a team that is going to suck for many years. This regime will eventually have to go and will leave a bigger mess than perhaps any regime in Chicago pro sports history, and that’s saying something. 

I totally agree. I've been a fan for a long time, so I have many memories of bad teams. But I have never seen the White Sox organization in this bad a shape. Only the Bears of the early 1970s are a Chicago franchise that rivals this. Significant change has to happen, but this front office isn't capable of it. If they fire Grifol, will they just hire another man with no experience? If they fired Hahn, would they just replace him with another Sox insider? Retread KW?  How bad will things get?

The best the Sox can do in their current situation is to burn the organization to the ground again- hopefully with different and better decision makers. Go through another full rebuild, and hopefully after the 2027 strike, the team is in a better place. 2028 is the next chance for an enjoyable Sox season. That’s a fact. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, flavum said:

The best the Sox can do in their current situation is to burn the organization to the ground again- hopefully with different and better decision makers. Go through another full rebuild, and hopefully after the 2027 strike, the team is in a better place. 2028 is the next chance for an enjoyable Sox season. That’s a fact. 

Nothing changes until we have new ownership.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Is losing part of Jerrys plan? Sell a struggling franchise to someone who wants to relocate it to a different city? Seems to be more desirable and acceptable than moving a successful franchise.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all, JR is a snake.

• Fire 1

Two comments:

1. Do Sox fans take the threats seriously that low attendance will result in the team being moved to another state? I think they're BS and it'll never happen

2. Only two players in baseball with 130+ ABs this year with zero homeruns

Abreu

10d

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, baseballgalaly said:

if the Sox moved what would you do? 

Since I live in Florida and have no ties to Chicago anymore I guess it wouldn’t mean that much but the Sox have been in my DNA for 71 years. I would keep remembering the good years like the GO GO SOX years, 1972, 1977, 1983, 2005 and a few more years. I have a lot of memorabilia and videos that I will continue to pull out once in awhile. When I look back to the track record of the franchise, there has been way more headaches, sleepless nights and heartache that we as fans didn’t deserve. The Rays will be my favorite team but they will never replace the White Sox in my heart.
Bottom line is I hope they don’t move because of the loyal fans that live in the Chicago area, you guys deserve new ownership and much better times.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, baseballgalaly said:

That’s a good question… do we follow the  “new” team or switch to one more local? Or just stop paying attention to MLB?

I’d probably start rooting for the Brewers.

6 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Losing begets losing and you see it all over the faces of the players. It's a mindset, a team resigned to its fate. Much easier to lose and start pointing fingers than actually win. Bothers me a lot that Grifol publicly says what even a casual observer can discern but I am beyond complaining about our illustrious manager. He just needs to go.

The problem with the Sox is how do you even begin to evaluate anything? The environment surrounding this team is so toxic and bad how would you ever be able to rebuild or even retool? It's a fool's errand until some major management changes are made. Simply, the situation and culture is so bad, how can you tell what is good? The roster is bad. Management is bad. I don't think every player on this team is, though. Honestly, the only answer is to clean house, try to infuse a different outlook, hopefully play better, and then decide on a direction. Right now, everything looks awful and hopeless from the big league club through the minors.

Being a Sox fan, I can take losing but not like this. I am just so tired of the scapegoating on every level and watching the team sleepwalk through a game too often.

Edited by soxfaninfl
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Since I live in Florida and have no ties to Chicago anymore I guess it wouldn’t mean that much but the Sox have been in my DNA for 71 years. I would keep remembering the good years like the GO GO SOX years, 1972, 1977, 1983, 2005 and a few more years. When I look back to the track record of the franchise, there has been way more headaches, sleepless nights and heartache that we as fans didn’t deserve. The Rays will be my favorite team but they will never replace the White Sox in my heart.
Bottom line is I hope they don’t move because of the loyal fans that live in the Chicago area, you guys deserve new ownership and much better times.

At least you have the Rays. Over here, it's the Marlins but I am not without ties to Chicago. Both my daughters live in or around the city and I will be moving back to at least Madison after my appointment here is over.

But, if you are old enough, you should remember how the prospect of the Sox moving felt and I can only relate to my feelings at the time. It felt like betrayal. It was betrayal, the team did not deserve the devotion and fandom I had shown for years prior. I dislike the Cubs but, honestly, that is more about competition and bragging rights. I am a born and raised Chicagoan. I may have lived in Madison most of my adult life but my identity is Chicago. I will root for the Chicago team regardless of how difficult that would be. It's baseball and, hey, we all love the Bears and Blackhawks and I cannot follow a team that betrays its fanbase. The last two years have been hard enough, honestly.

10 minutes ago, soxfaninfl said:

At least you have the Rays. Over here, it's the Marlins but I am not without ties to Chicago. Both my daughters live in or around the city and I will be moving back to at least Madison after my appointment here is over.

But, if you are old enough, you should remember how the prospect of the Sox moving felt and I can only relate to my feelings at the time. It felt like betrayal. It was betrayal, the team did not deserve the devotion and fandom I had shown for years prior. I dislike the Cubs but, honestly, that is more about competition and bragging rights. I am a born and raised Chicagoan. I may have lived in Madison most of my adult life but my identity is Chicago. I will root for the Chicago team regardless of how difficult that would be. It's baseball and, hey, we all love the Bears and Blackhawks and I cannot follow a team that betrays its fanbase. The last two years have been hard enough, honestly.

I agree with you, I hated the Cubs with a passion most of my life but if I still lived in the Chicago area and the Sox left town I would probably become a Cub fan, it’s not like you’re becoming a traitor as it still says Chicago on their road uniforms. I guess I’ve mellowed a bit in my later years. I was Cardinal fan when they were in Chicago and playing in Comiskey Park but when they left for St. Louis in 1960 it wasn’t hard to become a Bears fan, of course I didn’t hate the Bears like I did the Cubs.

5 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I agree with you, I hated the Cubs with a passion most of my life but if I still lived in the Chicago area and the Sox left town I would probably become a Cub fan, it’s not like you’re becoming a traitor as it still says Chicago on their road uniforms. I guess I’ve mellowed a bit in my later years. I was Cardinal fan when they were in Chicago and playing in Comiskey Park but when they left for St. Louis in 1960 it wasn’t hard to become a Bears fan, of course I didn’t hate the Bears like I did the Cubs.

When the Cardinals left, my family (before my time) switched to the Packers. There were some Wisconsin ties, and it just stuck. Green Bay and White Sox fans - it’s an odd mix :)

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

You're absolutely right this will happen. It's horrible and not fair to the loyal Sox fans who have to suffer through Jerry's ignorant stubbornness for not making that FO change sooner.

I am almost certain there is not one of the other 29 team owners who would tolerate this long of a horrible dysfunctional front office. Since the 2013 season including 2023, the Sox have had 8 of 11 seasons under .500, with only two playoff appearances and zero playoff wins. What other FO over 11 seasons gets to keep their job with that resume...other than a Reinsdorf owned team?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, baseballgalaly said:

Adopt an out of town team permanently. If this sad sack org wants to bail to a worse market and stab what’s left of their loyal fanbase in the back, good riddance. 

On 4/12/2023 at 1:48 PM, LittleHurtCG said:

This season is on the brink of spiraling out of control fast. There is a very real chance that this team is 10 games under 500 come May 1st.  We heard the dont panic cause it is early in the season refrain all last year. We will hear it again now.  How many times till we don't get fooled again? 

I commend you for facing reality very quickly. Some pollyannas will think this talent is a mental disease that will lead to substance abuse, health problems or self harm. And the pollyannas will live longer healthier lives in a state of blissful denial. But I still commend you.