Jump to content

This team is going to lose 90 plus games...


Recommended Posts

My estimation early on, of 70-92, was WAY more optmistic than I thought.

 

Only 3 teams in baseball have given up more runs this year, than the Sox.
Only 2 teams in baseball have scored fewer runs this year, than the Sox.

 

Championship Window

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Capn12 said:

My estimation early on, of 70-92, was WAY more optmistic than I thought.

 

Only 3 teams in baseball have given up more runs this year, than the Sox.
Only 2 teams in baseball have scored fewer runs this year, than the Sox.

 

Championship Window

And no team has taken fewer walks or has a lower OBP than the Sox.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2023 at 10:44 AM, flavum said:

The players don’t care, but I want Grifol and the coaches, and the organization as a whole, to have that 100 loss figure there forever. 

This only impacts Grifol because it potentially impacts his job. Nobody cares about ‘records’ or ‘history’ except fans. Not even Jerry, he’ll be dead soon enough. Everyone else just wants to keep their job for another year. 

  • TLR 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, flavum said:

Sox may only end up playing 160, as Saturday and Sunday look like crap in Boston. Especially Saturday. Have to go 2-5 for 60-100 if two get canceled. 

They will do everything possible to get these games in primarily to avoid crediting back ticket sales.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Feels like this thread deserves a bump with the Sox cracking the 100 loss mark tonight. What a long, wet fart this season was. 

Last year was more of the wet fartish variety. They straight up s%*# themselves this year. Like the Bob Saget scene in Dumb and Dumberer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I don’t feel like looking back through the thread to see if I actually commented, but I feel I owe LittleHurtCG an apology. I thought this thread was ridiculous when it was created. Could not have been more wrong.

Ha. No need to apologize. As I mentioned in another thread, I work with failing and floundering comapnies/organizations all the time as part of my 9 to 5. Warning signs went flashing in my head as soon as I heard Grifol speak publicily during that long losing streak in April. The Sox have/had the wrong people at pretty much every key position in the organization. They were setup to fail from the jump this year and boy did they ever.  

  • Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • TLR 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Ha. No need to apologize. As I mentioned in another thread, I work with failing and floundering comapnies/organizations all the time as part of my 9 to 5. Warning signs went flashing in my head as soon as I heard Grifol speak publicily during that long losing streak in April. The Sox have/had the wrong people at pretty much every key position in the organization. They were setup to fail from the jump this year and boy did they ever.  

Still fun to read through the snarky replies on this thread.  True believers vs. Realville.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Still fun to read through the snarky replies on this thread.  True believers vs. Realville.

It’s amazing looking back at the early part of the season and reading how delusional many here were. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MEANS said:

yeah some people with the don't panic comments....some of us knew.....it's smelled bad and just got worse.

It was more than just don’t panic … it was more “You’re an idiot if you don’t think the rebuild was a success and you just don’t understand baseball.  We are your baseball betters.  And Hahn is our Theo.”

  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

It was more than just don’t panic … it was more “You’re an idiot if you don’t think the rebuild was a success and you just don’t understand baseball.  We are your baseball betters.  And Hahn is our Theo.”

It's in some people's nature to let their fandom make them think they know more than others and make absolute statements as a show of confidence that their opinions will prevail. The Sox will not loss 90 ! The Sox will not lose 100 !

I think I made 1 comment in this thread and avoiding talking about how many losses the Sox would have. I predicted the collapse of the rebuild a long time ago. I wish I could find the post. But it may have been 3 years or more ago.

I knew the clowns in charge couldn't pull it off once Covid happened, then labor unrest , injuries and bad draft choices. Not a single draft choice taken during the rebuild years or international signee helped the Sox except Robert and this  in the 100 loss season was his best year. The other years he was injured most of the time or struggling to find his way.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think I posted in this thread but I do remember seeing it and thinking "yeah, that checks out"

I didn't believe in this team after seeing them lay down and die last season, they didn't get better in the offseason, and this year's team picked up right where that one left off (except they still had much further to fall, last year they were magnetically drawn to being .500 as if it was nature forcing them to).

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, reiks12 said:

they probably believe we will compete next year too

The Sox won't compete next year but they will have a better record than this year. There will be absolutley no expectations or pressure next year. Hardly anyone in the media will even being attention. This is the kind of environment the majority of the organization and players fit in and recognize best. 

No expecations and no pressure next year won't equal a winning season but the Sox won't lose 100 plus games next year.  Something like 68 and 94 sounds about right. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

The Sox won't compete next year but they will have a better record than this year. There will be absolutley no expectations or pressure next year. Hardly anyone in the media will even being attention. This is the kind of environment the majority of the organization and players fit in and recognize best. 

No expecations and no pressure next year won't equal a winning season but the Sox won't lose 100 plus games next year.  Something like 68 and 94 sounds about right. 

Ill wait to see what happens with the pitching staff, but as of now there is no way they don't lose 100 games again.

The rotation is Cease and then your choice of four other 5+ ERA guys or rookies who weren't even performing well.

There are no difference makers in the lineup outside of Luis Robert. This 26 man roster is Cease and Robert, and 24 replacement or worse level players.

There is not enough money to fix every issue with this team, and they are bringing back to same manager who lead this disaster last season.

If they sign a few competent starting pitchers, there is probably enough there to keep it in the 90-94 range. If the rotation is filled out with Kopech, Toussaint, Scholtens, etc. 100 losses is as close to a lock as it will get.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, T R U said:

Ill wait to see what happens with the pitching staff, but as of now there is no way they don't lose 100 games again.

The rotation is Cease and then your choice of four other 5+ ERA guys or rookies who weren't even performing well.

There are no difference makers in the lineup outside of Luis Robert. This 26 man roster is Cease and Robert, and 24 replacement or worse level players.

There is not enough money to fix every issue with this team, and they are bringing back to same manager who lead this disaster last season.

If they sign a few competent starting pitchers, there is probably enough there to keep it in the 90-94 range. If the rotation is filled out with Kopech, Toussaint, Scholtens, etc. 100 losses is as close to a lock as it will get.

Exactly. Remember how many games they were losing with Clevinger, Giolito, and Lynn? They won’t even have those guys. Cease appears to have fallen off of a cliff, and Robert might get hurt again or have a down year. They could be much worse than they were this year.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...