dump bloom campaign

george

the time has come to dump bloom, the gloom of doom. He should have kept bogie, and some of his other moves has tied cora's hands. The shortstop debacle is downright awful. Let's clamor for change b 4 it's too late. The jackie bradley experiment and so forth.

• 3 weeks later...

Yoshida was a solid move...but the problem is that it's a win-now move, like Jansen as closer.  They clearly decided to prioritize Devers over Bogaerts, with Xander already at age 30 (and likely being unable to sign BOTH).  Jaren Duran's been on a tear.   Btw, Yoshida now well into the 900's for OPS.

Story has been a disastrous signing.  Sale's struggles and contract extension are well-documented.   

Red Sox fans got spoiled and came to expect a competitive team year in and year out...not so easy in the AL East, with Baltimore finally rising from the ashes like a Phoenix.

All that said, hard to expect much more than 17-14.

Edited by caulfield12

• 4 months later...

If Bloom doesn't immediately find another job I would love for the Sox to bring him in as an advisor to help with just about everything. It seemed like he was doing a decent job rebuilding in Boston after Dombrowski tore everything down for the 2018 championship.

Not gonna happen though. But I'll dream.

7 minutes ago, almagest said:

If Bloom doesn't immediately find another job I would love for the Sox to bring him in as an advisor to help with just about everything. It seemed like he was doing a decent job rebuilding in Boston after Dombrowski tore everything down for the 2018 championship.

Not gonna happen though. But I'll dream.

he'd be a good hire for minors for sure.

I think he underachieved given the resources he had at major league level, his returns, and that dombrowski's hole is overstated.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

he'd be a good hire for minors for sure.

I think he underachieved given the resources he had at major league level, his returns, and that dombrowski's hole is overstated.

Man I dunno. They were in the ALCS two years ago and play in the toughest division in baseball.

On 4/13/2023 at 8:26 AM, george said:

the time has come to dump bloom, the gloom of doom. He should have kept bogie, and some of his other moves has tied cora's hands. The shortstop debacle is downright awful. Let's clamor for change b 4 it's too late. The jackie bradley experiment and so forth.

That Bogaerts contract has started out as a disaster for SD....and looks even worse on the back end.

Now you can argue that signing Devers to that type of contract with his defensive liabilities was another incorrect decision....but putting all their eggs in the Betts basket in retrospect would have been the better move all things considered.

Seems like Cherington, Dombrowski and now Bloom all lasted exactly four years.   Not much of a shelf life.   DD won a WS and still got canned...as did Cherington on the coattails of Epstein.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...