4/15 GT - Orioles at Sox (1:10pm)

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

This team can't go 3 days without someone getting hurt. If Burger rakes, he should (and hopefully will) find a way to every day ABs one way or another.

Yep, he'll be here to play in place of Yoan at 3B, Eloy at DH, or AV at 1B when he needs a break.

ABs will exist for Burger, but it will have to mean the end of Alberto on the roster, if we're being honest with ourselves. I'm fine with that.

• Like 1

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

After today's game, Burger has a higher career wRC+ than Eloy and Andrew Vaughn. Moncada is not the guy who should be worried about getting squeezed.

They will never bench either of those two. 

Burger is the easier punching bag. 

We largely survived because Bautista couldn't go three consecutive days. 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

They will never bench either of those two. 

Burger is the easier punching bag. 

We largely survived because Bautista couldn't go three consecutive days. 

We're still pretending that everyone on the roster will be healthy and productive at the same time?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

Burger was a high draft pick why is his future in question.  He was a 3B.....can he play LF? 

I'm not joking.  

He almost certainly cannot play LF. 1B and DH are real options 

3 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Burger was a high draft pick why is his future in question.  He was a 3B.....can he play LF? 

I'm not joking.  

They won't Josh Fields, Dayan Viciedo or Mark Teahen him in the middle of the season. 

RF not an option either. 

Could never put Benintendi in RF. 

Edited by caulfield12

Not a pretty win, but the bats showed some life. Yaz had a big day at the plate, but it's a day game tomorrow so I'm not sure they'll have him catch again. He could DH, but I doubt they want Eloy in the field just yet coming off the IL. Maybe just save him for a PH if needed?

Either way, gonna need Cease to pitch deep tomorrow. BP is taxed as hell, wouldn't surprise me to see a roster move just to get a fresh arm up.