4-16 GT: Orioles at Sox (1:10pm) - Delayed til 3:30

5 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Ok, Burger is off to a great start, love the guy. Full time DH? Ok, do we trade Jimenez? No room in the outfield for Jimenez. What about Sheets? Do we also want him to DH against Righties? As I stated last year year, we have too many DH’s and 1st Basemen on this team. Vaughn is off to a great start, you can’t move him off of 1st. Burger does also have a history of being injured at times also. This is a wait and see situation in my opinion until mid May. Need To see what Moncada ends up being this year. 

Keep them all because they always have injuries 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Ok, Burger is off to a great start, love the guy. Full time DH? Ok, do we trade Jimenez? No room in the outfield for Jimenez. What about Sheets? Do we also want him to DH against Righties? As I stated last year year, we have too many DH’s and 1st Basemen on this team. Vaughn is off to a great start, you can’t move him off of 1st. Burger does also have a history of being injured at times also. This is a wait and see situation in my opinion until mid May. Need To see what Moncada ends up being this year. 

Considering the Sox injury rate in recent years, I’m fairly confident they can use all those guys this year

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

I've been at the park since 1245. There's been a window to play all day. Some on and off mist for a little while, but nothing that would delay a Little  League game. JR got nothing from us for concessions, and we are now leaving.Tickets were free so only our time lost. I know they can't control the weather. But they handle it so poorly.

Quite correct. Anj with the nice pick. 

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Gavin Sheets at home vs. RHP, usually is pretty good.

Yep that's what I said. It was in the post I quoted, my quote, along with my prediction that he will hit his 1st HR and get on base at least another time after that. If the O's don't make a game of it against our pen I suspect he'll be taken out of LF before much longer.

I would not turn down a deal for Moncada that would be a GREAT BULLPEN PIECE or a good starter. No impressed with Kopech so far or Gio. We also don’t know about Hendriks stamina once he returns. Burger plays every day until further notice. 

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yep that's what I said. It was in the post I quoted, my quote, along with my prediction that he will hit his 1st HR and get on base at least another time after that. If the O's don't make a game of it against our pen I suspect he'll be taken out of LF before much longer.

Cali is like the Little Richard of knowing Sheets is good at hitting righties at home. 

1 minute ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

I would not turn down a deal for Moncada that would be a GREAT BULLPEN PIECE or a good starter. No impressed with Kopech so far or Gio. We also don’t know about Hendriks stamina once he returns. Burger plays every day until further notice. 

Yoan’s contract is unmovable

3 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Moncada isn’t losing his spot at 3B this season as long as he’s healthy. He also ain’t getting trades. Hes due $29M next season. 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Moncada isn’t losing his spot at 3B this season as long as he’s healthy. He also ain’t getting trades. Hes due $29M next season. 

When has he been healthy for us lately? That’s the effen problem with him. Great Glove. Streaky hitter.  And yes a bad contract. 

Just now, AJ'S Cousin said:

When has he been healthy for us lately? That’s the effen problem with him. Great Glove. Streaky hitter.  And yes a bad contract. 

That’s why I said when he’s healthy. You play Burger at 3B while Yoan is not until he cools off or he starts booting balls. Point is, when Yoan is on roster, they aren’t starting Burger at 3B over Yoan against RHP.