4-16 GT: Orioles at Sox (1:10pm) - Delayed til 3:30

2 hours ago, Soxfest said:

Pedro not 1% impressive as manager, KC leftover not ready for prime time. Another lip service guy in organization.

Hey, he was at least runner-up for the Florida State job!

19 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

“You guys always hear from the most negative fans,” he told reporters before the Orioles series began. “The fans I talk to never come up to me and say, ‘Rick, this is the start of just the same stuff as last year.’ They seem to seek you guys out in the comments sections. Imagine that.”

Need to keep repeating this quote over and over again. 

Negativity and not performance has been the leading cause of organizational problems. 

Michael Jordan would just use that as additional motivation to become even better.  "What,  my jump shot is too flat?  That's the best you've got?  Really?"

To Hahn it's all yet another convenient excuse. 

Just zero accountability and sense of connection to the fans who make his cushy and sheltered life possible. 

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

This team will battle the Royals for last place. Until RH is gone and JR no longer owns the team this will be the product on the field. Next year will be exactly like this year which is exactly like last year. 

Still playing players out of position. Still having a team full of DH types. Just a total and complete ****show of a team. 

Every last one of us knew that when it was 4-0 today they needed to score at least double that to win. We knew this bullpen would implode. 

Yes Rick, only 3 weeks in and the season is over. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joejoesox said:

it's way more nuanced than "don't blow it up because the same people are in charge"

a huge problem with this team imo is some guys were given massive extensions before they proved anything

let new young players who are hungry and aren't millionaires come in and fucking earn it

They had to push all their chips in with those guys because as we now know they were never going to spend big money to fill out the roster with high level players. It was either they all pan out or it’s failed. 

2 hours ago, harkness99 said:

hard for me to judge the manager much when he has nothing but gas cans for a bullpen

Yea it's farcical hearing he can't manage the pen when he doesn't have a pen, Who even has done well out of the pen?

Outside of Lambert there's no one. Can't DFA them all. There's worse in AAA.

2 hours ago, brijames1957 said:

This team will battle the Royals for last place. Until RH is gone and JR no longer owns the team this will be the product on the field. Next year will be exactly like this year which is exactly like last year. 

Still playing players out of position. Still having a team full of DH types. Just a total and complete ****show of a team. 

Every last one of us knew that when it was 4-0 today they needed to score at least double that to win. We knew this bullpen would implode. 

Yes Rick, only 3 weeks in and the season is over. 

Good post. There's just no hope right now. It's just another poorly constructed, bad baseball team with way too many holes to compete. There's no hope for this bullpen, none and no hope for the team defense. That leaves hitting. Hitting is the only area that might win the Sox a series now and then. I love Burger but he's about as bad as they come at the MLB level on defense.

4 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

Organization just has a loser mentality, zero baseball IQ and lack of desire to improve about things needed to win. 

Agreed, but it seems to me the Sox did not have that mentality prior to the tank/rebuild years which have morphed into this pathetic brand of baseball. My fear is this current situation which you describe well may continue for a long, long time. It's hard to envision a contender ever coming out of this core. Maybe if some of these still-young hitters turn into healthy phenoms.

3 hours ago, Chimpton said:

A fair assessment of the season so far and at 6-10 the prospect of the White Sox seeing .500 again this season is zero.

I’ll take .500 or better  for 100-1; Should be a no brainer for you if the odds are zero. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Rodon and Cueto?   Cease?   Katz contributed to Kopech injuries? 

Sox Machine Josh Nelson and Jim Margalus are saying Katz cannot manage a bullpen. Katz is so damn overrated on this board.

FF to 17 minutes. 

29 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

Sox Machine Josh Nelson and Jim Margalus are saying Katz cannot manage a bullpen. Katz is so damn overrated on this board.

FF to 17 minutes. 

Managing a bullpen. and getting the most out of the bullpen's talent, are two entirely different aspects. 

Anytime you have a pen and nobody really knows their roles from day to day... it usually leads to disaster. 

Is Lopez the closer?   

Well, he hasn't been used that traditional way for sure. 

We already know all the LH issues.  They are well documented. 

Lambert has basically taken over Kelly's role and by many measures has been doing as well or better than Graveman. 

And there's no pecking order at all after those four guys (Lopez, Bummer, Graveman, Lambert)...we just know disaster is usually waiting behind the magical mystery door that feels almost randomly chosen on a daily basis. 

6 minutes ago, baseballgalaly said:

Unpopular opinion: 

Burger should be the everyday 1B. They need his power. 

They're not going to sit Vaughn, though.  They'll argue he's close or leading the team in RBI's and the power will come if he keeps at it blah blah blah learns how to hit tough righties and plays the only position he's really comfortable with. 

21 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

They're not going to sit Vaughn, though.  They'll argue he's close or leading the team in RBI's and the power will come if he keeps at it blah blah blah learns how to hit tough righties and plays the only position he's really comfortable with. 

I am disappointed in Vaughn. He was touted as a being a great hitter, but he doesn't seem to be progressing. It's still early, but no home runs at this point, and it's beginning to look like he can't even hit 20. Hopefully, he'll improve but who knows at this point how good he really is.

5 minutes ago, Highland said:

I am disappointed in Vaughn. He was touted as a being a great hitter, but he doesn't seem to be progressing. It's still early, but no home runs at this point, and it's beginning to look like he can't even hit 20. Hopefully, he'll improve but who knows at this point how good he really is.

His "suckage" right now is a 120 OPS+. 7 doubles, close to .400 OBP. What exactly are you looking for?

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

His "suckage" right now is a 120 OPS+. 7 doubles, close to .400 OBP. What exactly are you looking for?

Exactly. AV is so far from the issue. Wouks it be nice to see more pop? Yah, of course. But Sox aren’t sitting AV to make Burger the everyday 1B. Can’t believe I even had to type that. 

20 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The team is a bunch of nice pieces with little ability to work to make one another better.  This exasperates everyone's weakness and does not help anyone improve.