4/18 Phillies @ White Sox GM1, 3:10PM CT, NBCSC/ESPN1000

Tnetennba

5 minutes ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

Please Philadelphia, keep piling it on. If this team isn't going to win anything this year,  I want them to be out of contention asap so I don't waste my time watching this sorry excuse for a major league team this year, and I want this front office to eat all of their lies and incompetency through getting just slaughtered and embarassed on the field. 

What good would come out of sucking? Letting players with club options go and retooling the team?

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Nothing of significance, just a team wanting a few starts down the stretch and the Sox saving a few million

That’s what I think Giolito and Lynn will return if they are dealt at the deadline. Assuming they don’t get out of this funk and continue to suck.

1 minute ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Been there. Done that. Don't need another Moncada and Kopech. Would rather watch Cease pitch every fifth day then see Hahn get fleeced in another trade. 

we got cease for quintana, a middling soft tossing lefty who looked better than he actually was, just grab any prospect list and tell them I want your top 3 guys? not rocket science. 

1 minute ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Been there. Done that. Don't need another Moncada and Kopech. Would rather watch Cease pitch every fifth day then see Hahn get fleeced in another trade. 

There’s really no other options. They’re not going to buy their way into contention.  Every single player on the 40 man should be available if/when they blow it up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joejoesox said:

we got cease for quintana, a middling soft tossing lefty who looked better than he actually was, just grab any prospect list and tell them I want your top 3 guys? not rocket science. 

Trading Cease would be more comparable to the Sale trade. The Sale trade didn't return much for the Sox. Pass. Rather keep Cease. 

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Everyone fixates on walks for the pitching staff (rightfully so), but lack of walks for the lineup is just as big of an issue and it mostly goes unremarked upon

To be fair, other than AV's OBP and Burger's OPS, there really isn't much good to talk about, across the board, on the offensive side of things.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Everyone fixates on walks for the pitching staff (rightfully so), but lack of walks for the lineup is just as big of an issue and it mostly goes unremarked upon

I've always stated we don't extend at-bats enough, never look for a walk. 

9 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Keep Robert, Vaughn, Burger, Colas, Sosa, Zavala, Cease, Kopech, Lopez, Crochet, Banks, Middleton

Trade anybody and everybody else you can get a decent return on.

And be the 2012-2016 White Sox all over again?  Maxed out with a barren farm going nowhere fast?

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

There’s really no other options. They’re not going to buy their way into contention.  Every single player on the 40 man should be available if/when they blow it up.

They Just blew it up and look what it got them. Tanking is not an option and will never work with Hahn as GM and Jerry as owner. They just need to go back to the hope they catch lighting in a bottle approach of 2000 to 2010.