Phillies at White Sox GM 3 Serieswinner of Doom (Clevinger vs. Walker)

Greg Hibbard

22 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Beside neglecting the bullpen this series shows where neglecting the bench also comes into play.  

The options there were Romy and Lenyn neither can hit MLB pitching. Phillies bullpen stinks but in a 24 hour span will have embarrassed the White Sox. 

We can thank our genius GM Rick Hahn for a lack of talent in the minors to help bring up, because of our 26th ranked farm system.

1 minute ago, almagest said:

This is just a bad baseball team.

Just now, fathom said:

It’s also incredibly boring.  

These comments about sums it up. Not even into May and I'm watching like 3 innings, watch the same bs happening every time, then become dis-interested and go do something else. This organization is lost, and the worst part is they don't even know it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

In a year where they juiced the ball again, we still suck at hitting homers. 

That's a great point and really sickening! Well at least all the teams that come play the Sox are taking advantage of the so called juiced balls and hitting home runs against us.

13 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Not a damn thing has changed from last year except we somehow managed to go .500.

No way this cast of characters goes .500.

The won't get over 500 all season.  Hopefully every single member of the front office and coaching staff is fired. 

• Like 1

Just now, Soxfest said:

Frank making a ton of excuses post game about new regime getting used to each other will take test of the month. :chimp

He might be right, and injuries aren't helping for sure. We're seeing a lot of the same baseball-stupid stuff we've seen since the second half of 2021, though, and I don't know if they can fix some of these guys.

They don't walk, they don't have long at-bats, they're not selective, and they basically cross their fingers and hope the BABIP gods are on their side. That just doesn't work.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, almagest said:

He might be right, and injuries aren't helping for sure. We're seeing a lot of the same baseball-stupid stuff we've seen since the second half of 2021, though, and I don't know if they can fix some of these guys.

They don't walk, they don't have long at-bats, they're not selective, and they basically cross their fingers and hope the BABIP gods are on their side. That just doesn't work.

They hit a lot of ground balls also

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

These comments about sums it up. Not even into May and I'm watching like 3 innings, watch the same bs happening every time, then become dis-interested and go do something else. This organization is lost, and the worst part is they don't even know it.

Oh they know it alright. Whether or not they care is a whole other question. 

5 minutes ago, almagest said:

It's an organizational problem. 

I feel like they don't teach or preach those things in development. And the FO doesn't really care for it either. How many guys do we have that are juiced on raw power and talent but swing at endless bad pitches? Even a guy like Eloy, who has a very good hit tool, is being limited by his inability to lay off bad pitches. 

Edited by chw42

2 minutes ago, T R U said:

Checked in on the Cubs game, Nick Madrigal playing 3B for them and hitting .333 so far.

Did the stories ever come out that some here said would be revealed when he left about how awful of a teammate he was?....never saw them if they did.