Phillies at White Sox GM 3 Serieswinner of Doom (Clevinger vs. Walker)

Greg Hibbard

1 hour ago, Saufley said:

When the weather is absolutely perfect, if things don't change on the southside, I'll rather mow my lawn.

Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino?

He must have been a Tigers' fan, lol.

At any rate, the bottom of the AL Central (CHW/DET/KCR) cumulatively has a 0.5% chance now of winning the World Series.   Cubs are at 0.8%

Great job, Hahn.

Edited by caulfield12

3 hours ago, chw42 said:

A 4 year rebuild resulted in just a 2 year window of actual contention. This core needs a serious retool and without a whole lot coming up from the farm system, I don't see how that's gonna happen. Lucas is gone this off-season. Lynn looks like he's washed and if he continues pitching poorly there's no way his club option gets picked up. If this team is really headed for 90 losses, there's no reason to keep Anderson. This team feels like it's stuck. 

Lost in translation: the window is circular and provides a perfect fit for a manhole cover. 

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino?

He must have been a Tigers' fan, lol.

At any rate, the bottom of the AL Central (CHW/DET/KCR) cumulatively has a 0.5% chance now of winning the World Series.   Cubs are at 0.8%

Great job, Hahn.

In Dec. (prior to Cubs acquiring Swanson) I posited that the Cubs had a better chance at post-season play than the Sox, which was met with understandable push-back. My point being that in 3 years, Hoyer has completely turned over the Cubs roster...literally every position and the entire pitching staff. The Sox, well...still waiting for Moncada, Jimenez, Giolito, Anderson, Robert, et, al to stay healthy and fulfill their potential. To echo your point...Great job, Hahn.  

• Like 2

Just now, Flash said:

In Dec. (prior to Cubs acquiring Swanson) I posited that the Cubs had a better chance at post-season play than the Sox, which was met with understandable push-back. My point being that in 3 years, Hoyer has completely turned over the Cubs roster...literally every position and the entire pitching staff. The Sox, well...still waiting for Moncada, Jimenez, Giolito, Anderson, Robert, et, al to stay healthy and fulfill their potential. To echo your point...Great job, Hahn.  

Patrick Wisdom is a perfect example of a "Dodgers Value Guy" who bounced around all over the league and finally found a home.

Swanson has such an inconsistent track record offensively (solid speed and defense obviously), but is playing out of his mind.

Bellinger's case is well-documented...change of scenery.

Suzuki has a world of potential on the offensive side if he can stay healthy.

Hoerner SEEMS like a bargain with that $35 million extension.

ETC.

Then it always comes down to pitching...in this case, the Brewers are out to a huge advantage and the Cubs/Cards fighting to keep up with that most cost-efficient franchise, the most similar to the Rays in the NL.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, greg775 said:

They'll draw OK on the nights there are deals. Do the Sox have any nights there's free parking and one dollar dogs? Those nights are the only ones they'll sniff 20,000 fans. Cept for the Yanks, Bosox.

Going to a Sox game even with promo items and dollar dogs is never a cheap night. The beers and other food you will buy will be outrageously expensive. I don't know, but if this team continues to suck and perhaps be 10 or more games under 500 after the second Tampa Bay home series, then if people keep going to the park, then shame on them and they better never complain about how crappy their team is. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Who.  Fucking.  Cares. 

I do and I have a right not to like the Cubs. Don't be so naïve! You think NY Mets fans love the Yankees? I know for a fact I have many friends and family that hate the Sox. This is what happens when two teams play in the same city. The fact is I DO CARE the Cubs have a owner and front office that seems to making good decisions and we have an owner and GM who are complete utter clowns and worthless garbage at their jobs.

• Like 1