White Sox at Rays, 4/22/23, 3:05 pm, Fox TV.

Balta1701

15 minutes ago, Tomtom said:

Maybe someone needs to tell these players that leading the league in swinging at balls out of the strike zone is not a good thing.  

30+ years ago I read my first "baseball prospectus" by Bill James.  It was then I knew we were fucked.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

This is stupid. We are in 2023. Come on grandpa

I think those straight hats are uncomfortable to wear....I love my caps with curved brims....but I really don't care however a ballplayer wants to wear their own lids.

• Like 1

Just now, zisk said:

30+ years ago I read my first "baseball prospectus" by Bill James.  It was then I knew we were fucked.

Remember as a kid thinking it was cool reading Stephen King's favorite book lol... didn't make me a Red Sox fan though.  Not even "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon."

Just now, wegner said:

I think those straight hats are uncomfortable to wear....I love my caps with curved brims....but I really don't care however a ballplayer wants to wear their own lids.

Sox hat sales might be the only area where the team is Top 1/3rd in the majors other than dubious/negative Jay Cuda stats. 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Sox hat sales might be the only area where the team is Top 1/3rd in the majors other than dubious/negative Jay Cuda stats. 

I help with that...my beautiful bride bought me 5 new ones when we were in Glendale in March....and yes I know I have a problem.

But I do make my bday, fathers day and Christmas very easy for my family.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

God New Comiskey looks even worse now in that picture... who the heck approved those blue seats and so much concrete? 

JR and company, who else. The original park was as sterile as an OR.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Sox Baseball 2023:  Look How Cool We Are Despite Being 4th in the Worst Division in MLB

I dont disagree with the idea that this team sucks but has nothing to do with how you wear your hat

• Like 1

Just now, 2Deep said:

Can someone remind me why benentendi was give 4 years and 75 mil and many of you rejoiced. 

What does he do other than bat lefty?

5 years... nobody absolutely nobody "REJOICED."

Brought up the... have you noticed his fWAR almost knocked him out of baseball 3 out of the last 4 years? 

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

5 years... nobody absolutely nobody "REJOICED."

Brought up the... have you noticed his fWAR almost knocked him out of baseball 3 out of the last 4 years? 

Heard a lot of "this is a good signing"