White Sox at Rays, 4/22/23, 3:05 pm, Fox TV.

Balta1701

1 minute ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Agreed but that's not really observable either. We don't know if he's fooled or just not seeing it. He's had some stretches where he looks like he has no issues. Imo he just takes a while to adjust back. 

Yeah, it’s definitely hard to know for sure. I suspect it’s spin based on some of the swings you see. It isn’t wild swings at pitches all over the place, but swings where halfway through he’s totally fooled. 

He’s talented enough to make it work when you look at his end of season numbers. There’s just going to be some ugly stretches mixed in. 

12 minutes ago, wegner said:

Can you see this teaming even getting to .500 with this balanced schedule?  I have a hard time seeing them get there.

I don't see it at all this season. Too much bad hitting from poor plate discipline, inconsistent starting pitching and a horrible bullpen. 

As the losses pile up, the losing attitude and lack of confidence will get even worse. Then of course the evitable injures the Sox are going to continue to occur throughout the season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Would Robert be better off if he didn’t take a bat to the plate?  Pitcher could miss four out of seven.  

Dodgers did this with Miguel Vargas during Spring Training. He was hurt, and instead of holding him out of games, told him to stare at every pitch. He's hitting 220 this season but has some insane OBP like 400.