One step closer to the basement!

Tomtom

1 minute ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

Its entirely possible the White Sox could be 7-18 at the start of the next home stand. If that's the case, I hope the team plays to an empty GRate. 

Then they get Tampa again for four games. You could be looking at 7-22.

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Entire division will be at .500 or below if today's score trends continue. 

In 1994 at the time of the labor impasse Texas was leading the Western Division and they were 10 games under .500 if I remember right. Had they completed the season it is likely they would have made the playoffs as the first losing team to ever do so. I think they would have drawn the White Sox in the opening round. 

You could see that happen this year in the A.L. Central Division.

The balanced schedule is really bringing out how bad of a division this is.

With all their advantages in market size, radio-TV deals, advertising...the fact that the Sox have never dominated the division just shows you how incompetent the organization is. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

41 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

In 1994 at the time of the labor impasse Texas was leading the Western Division and they were 10 games under .500 if I remember right. Had they completed the season it is likely they would have made the playoffs as the first losing team to ever do so. I think they would have drawn the White Sox in the opening round. 

You could see that happen this year in the A.L. Central Division.

The balanced schedule is really bringing out how bad of a division this is.

With all their advantages in market size, radio-TV deals, advertising...the fact that the Sox have never dominated the division just shows you how incompetent the organization is. 

2005 Padres finished 82-80 then ended up under .500 after losses in playoffs. 

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

2005 Padres finished 82-80 then ended up under .500 after losses in playoffs. 

Post season record doesn't count towards the regular season. Rangers are the only team that could have made the post season with a losing record. 82-80 in the regular season or the Mets 83-79 in 1973 (if I remember right) isn't a losing record. It's not very good but they still won more than they lost.