Stages of Grief - Avengers Style

Texsox

I know it's only April but this season has died. I'm at acceptance with a garnish of apathy. The team has taught me to work through this quickly, I've had about forty seasons of practice.

Looking ahead to the next time they are competitive I'll be retired and full time traveling. I can do a road trip with them. It will be nice. 

This franchise is pitiful in so many ways. TLR sucks & they probably would be worse off this season (sad right?) if he was still around but this entire org is plagued with conformism. I'm not sure how some of you guys watch these games day in day out, my respect because I (like I'm sure many fans now) are completely de-attached from this franchise & it's product.

Edited by TheTruth05
  • Like 2
  • Hawk 1

I’m glad it went down this way rather than the 2001-2004 / 2010-2012 slow death march to mediocrity (with flashes of hope). Now I have my whole summer ahead of me without spending much money or time on this stupid team. Oh sure, I’ll go to a couple games with friends - but i doubt I’ll be watching many games outside of that. 

• Love 1
  • Fire 1

I don’t really have any grief because I expected this.  I knew they had no pitching and I’m still not sold that Cease wasn’t a one year wonder.  If he blows up then they have nothing at all.  I was never sold on Moncada and I knew Roberts got hurt in the minors a bunch.  (I was an open book on Jimenez and Vaughn.)

• Like 1

You Cant Win Call Of Duty GIF by FaZe Clan

I know its only April, but this team is horrible on all levels: 

- Horrible hitting in situational opportunities and clutch hitting with RISP.

- The starters are bad and always implode early in the game to always let their team down early in the game, which is always a nightmare to battle back from from. 

- The bullpen although has been better lately, it's still a highly overpaid and under performing mess.

- The injuries are still a huge problem.

- The manager might be a nice guy, but clearly over his head and won't be able to turn this bad team around. Naturally per the White FO & Owner MO, Pedro will be the scapegoat and fired eventually.

- Rick Hahn and his FO are completely inept and have not only destroyed the rebuild, but left the farm system in complete shambles. 

- The worst thing is the owner is old, senile, uncaring and detached from his team. Thus he will bring zero leadership and prudent owner responsibility to make massive changes to stop this bleeding and further destruction of this team.

- We are already 7-16 and 9 games below 500. There are only three MLB teams that have a worst record thus far than the Sox. 

Same Old s%*#, Different Day!

Thank You Jerry...I'm a glutton for punishment...may I please have another!