4/25- White Sox at Blue Jays, 6:07

flavum

• Quin pinned this topic

With Reynolds signing that eight year, nine figure deal with the Pirates today only three teams have never given out that large (nine figures) contract...

Kansas City

Oakland (soon to be Las Vegas)

And..........

Your Chicago White Sox

Great company to be associated with no? 😄

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

With Reynolds signing that eight year, nine figure deal with the Pirates today only three teams have never given out that large (nine figures) contract...

Kansas City

And..........

Your Chicago White Sox

And that's two significant extension moves now... along with 3B KeBryan Hayes, Charlie's son. 

O'Neil Cruz would have been the third... and still likely will be. 

Fun team to watch now on 2003 Royals/"We Believe"-like run. 

Edited by caulfield12

24 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Kansas City

And..........

Your Chicago White Sox

What an embarrassing list to still be on. But, it goes with the territory. If we don't get ownership relief at some point in my lifetime, there is no reason to think it will ever change.

Hell, even the generic, cookie cutter stadium is 32 years old, now. If you don't count the 'classic' stadiums (LA, Bos, CHC), this dump is now the 4th oldest stadium, too.

Everything about this organization screams '2nd rate citizen in a 1st rate city'

• Like 2
  • Fire 2

After looking over the box score last night, I was thinking to myself that sometimes all a dude needs is a good 4-4 night to get that season stat line straightened out. Unfortunately,  there's almost no evidence to indicate that any of the guys who need a 4-4 night are going to do so. Weak contact and whiff rates off the charts.

Its not looking good. 

Edited by Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm
spelling is hard.

3 minutes ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

After looking over the box score last night, I was thinking to myself that sometimes all a dude needs is a good 4-4 night to get that season stat line straightened out. Unfortunately,  there's almost no evidence to indicate that any of the guys who need a 4-4 night are going to do so. Weak contact and whiff rates off the charts.

Its not looking good. 

I honestly thought after Robert made that great catch yesterday, it was going to be the turning point of the season. He was smiling, the team was fired up. The next 4 batters scored, the game, and the season, were over.

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I honestly thought after Robert made that great catch yesterday, it was going to be the turning point of the season. He was smiling, the team was fired up. The next 4 batters scored, the game, and the season, were over.

You've watched enough baseball not to think that. Bad teams will always have good moments. It's 162 games ya know?

They need to score runs to survive and I am not sure that will happen. Lance Lynn is struggling but they will keep running him out there I expect. I believe there is also a morale problem at this point.

16 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Hopefully Robert could lead off so he can maximize his opportunities to whiff. 

Is it crazy for me to think perhaps moving him down until he starts hitting again seems logical?

It doesn't matter. We don't have any good lead off hitters. TA is ideally more of a 5-6 slot on a good offense himself. Beni? Ha.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Changes being made if this continues seemed more direct than usual from him

Then said it was an ownership decision, and that logically if what they did hadn't worked out, they would be looked at differently. Except for 2005, what have they done that HAS worked out?  And they all are still here.

Of course mentioned injuries. ..the same old crap. It's like the annual Sox aren't what they thought they were article.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Read this and tell me how many times over the years you have seen the same thing. It's Groundhog Day. For those without an account, the Sun Times is now a non profit. You can sgin up for free access.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2023/4/25/23697737/williams-on-white-sox-struggles-im-not-in-a-good-place-right-now

Lulz at this line from KW....

"Accountability around here is not a problem.”