4/25- White Sox at Blue Jays, 6:07

flavum

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I see no reason Pedro should have this job 

If I guaranteed you this team would have the best manager of all-time, how much of a difference do you think that would make?

The issues on this roster/org are ingrained so deep it goes way beyond the manager.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, fathom said:

If you are to believe Lynn, he feels the players haven’t been able to incorporate all the new stuff they’ve been taught. 

I think this coaching staff is at least trying to modernize after years of these hitters being stuck in the dark ages. I'm sure that does take some getting used to.

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

Maybe he should adjust and close it up.

Or try actually doing some prep on opposing pitchers for a change 🙂

you can tell he did a ton of work on improving his defense around the wall, great, now it's time to do that at the plate with his swing/approach

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

odds that Grifol is really the issue here? not preparing these guys like past coaches? 

Last years White Sox were bad. They were held together by Hendriks, Cease, and miracles of finding Cueto and Andrus and having them be way better than one could ever have believed.

This years’ White Sox were clearly worse coming into the year, some people just didn’t want to see that. Without the miracles, a worse roster is performing worse.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

I think this coaching staff is at least trying to modernize after years of these hitters being stuck in the dark ages. I'm sure that does take some getting used to.

I have  never heard of this new approach to baseball. What is this revolutionary method?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Sox did seemingly have a positive, cohesive clubhouse with the fabled will to win under Renteria. One could draw the conclusion that outweighs making some questionable tactical decisions, based on what we have seen subsequently. I’m guessing his firing never sat well with a lot of guys, in particular TA

Don't know if it really made any impact at all or if it was just purely coincidental, but it seems like the whole vibe around this team took a nosedive around the time Tony LaRussa publicly shamed Yermin Mercedes for hitting a home run and then gave his blessing to having the Twins pitcher intentionally throw at him.  

Still the roster construction of this team sucks and the "young championship core" was grossly overrated.

• Like 2