What is rock bottom for this FO? What what would need to happen for a shakeup at the top?

chitownsportsfan

19 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yes. And even though the paid attendance will settle in at 11-13K plus, doesn't mean actual attendance will be even half that when the weather is bad, which does impact revenue in terms of parking and concessions.

I feel bad for everyday fans who bought season tickets hoping to at least break even on the secondary market for games they can't go to, but the $4-$6 daily floor will only lead to more cancellations this off-season which may finally force legitimate change at 35th and Shields.

You're right about the Sox fans who will be screwed on the secondary market.

Even with the seats sold, if this team continues to keep losing more and be unwatchable, I agree with you the actual physical attendance should go further down. That's is what I'm hoping where you can hurt Jerry's bottom line from the reduced revenue of parking, food, alcohol and merchandise. 

• Hawk 1

1 hour ago, PolishPrince34 said:

I'm officially done spending any money on the White Sox. Not attending any games or buying any merchandise until they absolutely clean house. If they don't clean house (Williams, Hahn, Getz, Boyer, etc.) not receiving another penny. 3rd rate organization and really sad what Reinsdorf has done to Chicago sports!

I am 100 percent doing the same thing. I realize it will never happen, but I wish most White Sox fans would feel the same way and take the same route. 

• Fire 1

With the injuries of Anderson, Moncada, Crochet and Hendriks and the complete collapse of the middle of the order (Eloy, Vaughn and Robert Jr),  it is somewhat understandable  how this has become a disaster. That being said,unless  something really changes there is not much light at the end of the tunnel. Also, Ozzie Guillen really wanted to be the manager this season and wasn't given the job.  He has to be happy that he didn't get the job now.

2 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I am 100 percent doing the same thing. I realize it will never happen, but I wish most White Sox fans would feel the same way and take the same route. 

They lost a lot of tickets last winter, and this start that makes the entire season irrelevant will take its toll on in season sales. They will salary dump to save JR some losses. They will just take whatever they can get for some guys. Wouldn’t surprise me if they take less for someome like Gio or TA if they take a Lynn and/or Diekman. 188-199 since Hahn basically blew off the 2021-22 offseason despite obvious holes. 

Edited by Dick Allen

41 minutes ago, Highland said:

At this point, I don't know how anyone in the FO can stay in denial, but that's just me.

Considering KW came right out and said he didn’t have the authority to fire Hahn kind of indicates to me he at least is not in denial. Pretty sure even Hahn knows he is an abject failure himself

Edited by FourEyesShottenhoffer
  • Like 1
  • Hawk 1

1 hour ago, Highland said:

At this point, I don't know how anyone in the FO can stay in denial, but that's just me.

It’s not denial if they don’t care to do the work to fix anything.  I’m sure they are fully aware things are awful, but they are completely comfortable with awful.  Why upset the status quo when doing so might be an admission of how  much they’ve fucked it all up?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

It’s not denial if they don’t care to do the work to fix anything.  I’m sure they are fully aware things are awful, but they are completely comfortable with awful.  Why upset the status quo when doing so might be an admission of how  much they’ve fucked it all up?

You nailed the crux of the problem. Once again this goes right back on the ego of Jerry Reinsdorf. He absolutely can't stand when he has to admit he fucked up. JR would rather go down on the Sox Titanic and support his two FO losers KW and RH. We saw this before with Jerry back in the late 90's when he allowed Jerry Krause to let Phil Jackson go, knowing full well the greatest player in the world and the man that gave Jerry 6 rings and filled his stadium to the max, was going to leave. Jerry knew it back then it was wrong, but allowed it anyway.

Sadly this is an owner with a flawed concept of leadership and prudent management decision-making concepts. I'm sorry but in any business or sports team, if a person has clearly done a horrible job and done it for a long time, then that leader/executive (in this case Jerry) is suppose to do the prudent organizational decision and terminate those people who have failed him. It's nothing personal. It's called being a smart and prudent leader. Yet it seems like JR always takes it personally. Jerry is more worried about damaging his own ego, that terminating KW and RH which will appear that Jerry screwed up and that he let this go on for too long. This a fragile and demented ego flaw that Jerry has never been able to separate from.

The other big  leadership flaw of Jerry has been in how he delegates the authority and responsibilities to his FO people way beyond the normal scope of delegating. It's fine to delegate responsivities to his executives, but at some point a good owner or top Executive/CEO must require full accountability to his people. This is such a blatant weakness of Reinsdorf. This is why KW and RH and the entire FO in this organization is still employed.

Meanwhile while Jerry won't make the necessary leadership tough decisions, he sadly allows for the collateral damage, which is the fact he is making his baseball team and loyal fan base suffer miserably.

On 4/26/2023 at 3:05 PM, The Kids Can Play said:

It’s definitely happening. If the Sox hadn’t gone full blown horse s%*# the last couple years, the ballpark wouldn’t be a ghost town today

• Like 1