4/26 Sox @ Toronto 12:07

wegner

1 hour ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Is he? I watch almost exclusively on opposing broadcasts to avoid Benetti and Bacon.  Eloy’s act is long worn out, hopefully the first guy out the door.

Agreed

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

I think that the players respected Tony. They tried to play through the injuries. I really do believe it was a mistake to let Abreu just walk 

Ricky Renteria was the lone manager to hold players accountable and produced the best winning percentage in the Hahn era. Players possibly grudgingly respected La Russa the first few weeks of 2021 (Tim said wait and see in Spring Training), but after the Mercedes incident, there was little respect shown publicly including Jose and Tim telling La Russa to GFY if he thought about holding them out of a lineup. Tim also publicly told Yermin to ignore Tony. 

Hahn spoke like he was looking forward to dumping Abreu during his comments at the La Russa exit conference and at other times last year. Hahn showed Abreu zero respect, though it's hard to recall a time Hahn has shown anyone respect beyond kissing Jerry's ass.

The Sox weren't planning on competing in 2023 anyway. Instead they pissed away $75M for the worthless LFer. Abreu should have been White Sox for life, as a player and beyond in whatever role he wanted.  Then again, Jerry Reinsdorf and his Cronies have shat on many people over the years, be it Harry Caray, Carlton Fisk, Larry Himes, Frank Thomas, Ozzie Guillen and others. It has gotten so bad, even lifer Hawk Harrelson is speaking out about the poor ethics and integrity of Jerry's current organization.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jake said:

I've never bought into this kind of thing but I think the players who we believed to be the leaders of last year's (unsuccessful) team were Abreu, Hendriks, and Tim. All of them absent at the moment.

TA was not a leader.  He was expected to be, but he was not and is not.

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

I refuse to believe no one in that clubhouse knows who emanates negativity and poor effort.  

Seby had some strong words after today's game....something to the effect of "if things get tough, you don't roll up into a ball and hide.  I don't "think" we have anyone like that in this locker room, but if we do, they need to go on and leave".  

Lance Lynn said in very specific words that the team leader has to play every day to get the respect of everyone in the clubhouse

We let that guy walk.

Now we have a daycare with a 20yo babysitter. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

I don't know if I'm ready to say the clubhouse is "lost" or "broken"

It looks like it's lacking leadership and guys are frustrated and acting out of desperation right now

Abreu was the best we had to be a team leader, I know that much

• Like 1
  • Love 1

It quite possibly could be that the biggest whiff by Hahn and co. on putting together a big league contender this year was to assume that you can just hire a new manager every couple years and all your players will just automatically play well with each other and all lead by example and be a carbon copy of their baseball cards

I never realized how important it was to have a guy in the clubhouse who every single player respected and played hard for, until this losing streak

Edited by joejoesox
  • Like 1
  • Hawk 1

26 minutes ago, Green Line said:

TA was not a leader.  He was expected to be, but he was not and is not.

As evidenced by the silence in the clubhouse last year when TA was named to the All Star team, these guys didn’t get along last year and it looks like they don’t have a lot of kumbaya going on this year either.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Hawk 1

Through this 7 game losing streak, and 8 of 9 and third worst record 7-18, the Sox have fallen to new lows with these stats in critical areas:

Hitting:

Tied for 27th - Walks

28th OBP - .292

Tied for 22nd in Runs per game - 4.0

Pitching:

29th ERA - 5.53

29th WHIP - 1.56

29th BB's - 4.67

The good news is, the Sox Bullpen has gone from 30th in ERA to 27th at 6.09! LOL!

Now the Sox come back home to face the #1 Rays (20-4) who gave them a nice sweep job this past weekend!

As the bad guy in the movie "Taken" said to Liam Neeson, "Good Luck!" 

Edited by The Kids Can Play

2 hours ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Is he? I watch almost exclusively on opposing broadcasts to avoid Benetti and Bacon.  Eloy’s act is long worn out, hopefully the first guy out the door.

same. not a fan of Benetti+Stone

Hawk had his issues and there were many, but I enjoyed his passion a lot. It felt like we had a 2nd coach on the broadcast that would argue with the umps when they'd blow a call

• Hawk 1

13 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

As evidenced by the silence in the clubhouse last year when TA was named to the All Star team, these guys didn’t get along last year and it looks like they don’t have a lot of kumbaya going on this year either.

TA would be the first guy I would trade to break up this shitshow of a team.

• Like 4
  • Hawk 1

Zavala on the Blue Jays: “Those [bleepers], they just foul off a lot of [bleep] and it puts us in a hole,” a frustrated Zavala said, “and maybe makes us feel like we don’t know how to get them out or something. I don’t really know.”

It's called having professional hitters who know the strike zone and make pitchers work Sevy!

• Like 1
  • Fire 2

4 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

TA would be the first guy I would trade to break up this shitshow of a team.

he's gone, I would be shocked if he survived til the end of the season. cross your fingers that he plays out of his mind until july

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Green Line said:

It has become increasingly obvious that TLR was the glue holding the clubhouse together.

1 hour ago, joejoesox said:

Lance Lynn said in very specific words that the team leader has to play every day to get the respect of everyone in the clubhouse

We let that guy walk.

Now we have a daycare with a 20yo babysitter. 

But the clubhouse was s%*# last year too with both of those guys.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joejoesox said:

It quite possibly could be that the biggest whiff by Hahn and co. on putting together a big league contender this year was to assume that you can just hire a new manager every couple years and all your players will just automatically play well with each other and all lead by example and be a carbon copy of their baseball cards

I never realized how important it was to have a guy in the clubhouse who every single player respected and played hard for, until this losing streak

3 managers in 4 years and you expect multiple championships and parades Mr Hahn.

• Fire 1