Are the 2023 White Sox the worst Sox team you've ever seen?

joejoesox

2023 Sox: Worst you've ever seen?   

52 members have voted

1. 1. Are the 2023 White Sox the worst Sox team you've ever seen?

• Never seen anything like this.
    • No, this team was worse (Post in comments)

Too early to tell if they are as bad as the 1970 team that finished at 56-106. One thing is that this team is probably the most unlikeable bunch of stiffs I’ve seen since 1952 when I became a White Sox fan.

I did vote that I’ve never seen anything like this because it just seems to me like these guys don’t care, a lot of talent going to waste.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 8

Since I have not been able to watch many games lately, I'm not sure.  But I will be sure to tune in and my answer will most likely be a YES. I do think this team seems to be coming to the ballpark believing they are going to lose that day. It sure does seem early to fire a guy who just got hired, but they do not play for Pedro. Whatever he did, the team was likeable under Renteria. These guys are not likeable and they are boring as hell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Too early to vote, and I think they will play a bit better when TA/YM return and LH will help a lot. That said, I don't think this team is substantially better than the 2017 or 2019 tanking teams.

This team reminds me most of 1976, with several talented players, some young, some at the end of the line, and just a bad season for most of them plus little to no depth which resulted in a 64-97 record.

1976 bWAR / Player (Career bWAR)

• 2.8 Rich Gossage (41.2)
  • 2.4 Brian Downing (51.5)
  • 1.1 Wilbur Wood (50.0)
  • 0.6 Terry Forster (20.4)
  • 0.4 Chet Lemon (55.6)
  • 0.4 Bucky Dent (17.5)
  • 0.3 Pete Vuckovich (16.4)
  • -0.1 Minnie Minoso (53.2) :D
Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, roncag said:

I loathe this team. Everything about them. The way they are playing almost makes me smile, because maybe in some bizarro fashion, it will force change...

If nothing changes in this organization like....tomorrow, it is clear nooooobody running this gives a s%*#. Not one player is doing a thing to step up and try to right this ship either. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I don't know if this is the worst team but it surely is the most underperforming team compared to expectations.

There have been a lot of those just this century. 2001, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2022. 

• Like 2

This is definitely the worst because I have no hope for this core bouncing back or this org doing a rebuild. There is nothing here.

I'm putting my fandom eggs in the bears, and that is the bleakest statement in the world, just behind "i'm putting my fandom eggs in the white sox"

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, roncag said:

I loathe this team. Everything about them. The way they are playing almost makes me smile, because maybe in some bizarro fashion, it will force change...

I wish I could be certain about that

• Like 1

2009 at least had that sweet 27-10 run and buerhles perfect game. Then just a forgettable august/sept which was the typical kw team .

2001 really sucked, and it had the david wells crap so yeah that was rough.