Columns on Hahn...

Lip Man 1

3 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

Because he is full of it. No way he didn't expect this team to be mediocre at best when everyone else knew it and the analytics showed it. His strategy is to make fans think he is one of them to buy more time to find another scapegoat. I wouldn't be surprised if Katz and to a lessor degree Grifol were fired. This season is so bad you have to consider firing Grifol. 

The problem here is loser Hahn just said publicly that he will take the blame for this horrible team and start. He was quite adamant that it was absolutely not the fault of Pedro and his coaching staff. He furthered explained that Pedro and the coaches are doing everything possible to turn this season around. 

Don't get me wrong, I agree a huge amount of blame goes on Grifol, Katz and the worthless hitting coach, besides the two clowns Kenny and Rick. However all that means if Hahn fired Grifol and his staff, is then Hahn would have to hire a new manager and coaching staff, which we know he sucks at already.

Just leave these loser FO and coaches all there to further implode so this season becomes a monumental trainwreck. Then maybe the senile stubborn owner will hopefully be embarrassed enough and have to make a major FO change after the season. 

15 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

The problem goes far deeper than  that.  The scouting is beyond piss poor.  That's even with their major league scouts.  Even Stone mentioned there's no consistency in the minors.   Not sure why Katz has a job either.

Plus this organization is just cursed. 

Amazed that it's possible that most expensive pen is also the worst

Outside of hardheadedness I can't see why there's a reason to be a fan of this team anymore.   Are A's fan more miserable?

This team isn't cursed.  It's a fish rotting from the head down.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

The problem here is loser Hahn just said publicly that he will take the blame for this horrible team and start. He was quite adamant that it was absolutely not the fault of Pedro and his coaching staff. He furthered explained that Pedro and the coaches are doing everything possible to turn this season around. 

Don't get me wrong, I agree a huge amount of blame goes on Grifol, Katz and the worthless hitting coach, besides the two clowns Kenny and Rick. However all that means if Hahn fired Grifol and his staff, is then Hahn would have to hire a new manager and coaching staff, which we know he sucks at already.

Just leave these loser FO and coaches all there to further implode so this season becomes a monumental trainwreck. Then maybe the senile stubborn owner will hopefully be embarrassed enough and have to make a major FO change after the season. 

So you're going to get TA7 Giolito Lynn Lopez Grandal Clevinger Graveman Andrus etc. all go untraded with nothing in return? 

Mark Gonzales in his recap story tonight said a Dodger operative told him last week that "Anderson would look good in blue." He also speculated that Lynn would help the Cardinals and that  teams would be interested in Bummer.

April isn't even over and the talk has already started.

Sickening, embarrassing and frustrating.

And the worst part? Nothing really will change with ownership/front office. 

• Hawk 1

10 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

So you're going to get TA7 Giolito Lynn Lopez Grandal Clevinger Graveman Andrus etc. all go untraded with nothing in return? 

No and I didn't say that. I said keep the FO losers and coaching staff and let them all ruin this team this team all the way until the end. I said nothing about keeping the players and not trading them at the deadline to get prospects. That would be insane.

If you check several other of my posts, I have always been adamant that I would be trading away all the loser players at the trade deadline. I would never allow free agents to leave untraded with compensation back. You assumed and read into that from my post.

You can go to the post, "What five players would you keep to build around." I actually listed 8 players of which two were in the minors. I said other than the 8 players I mentioned, I would trade away the rest of the losers at deadline and DFA the DFA the others and then bring up rookies to finish the season.

10 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

You’re not getting anything for at least half those guys. Lynn is closer to DFA candidate than trade candidate, Andrus sucks, Clevinger sucks, López sucks. Maybe Grandal if he can start hitting again.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

You’re not getting anything for at least half those guys. Lynn is closer to DFA candidate than trade candidate.

All except Lynn, Kelly and Andrus at the moment will return at least something. 

Hendriks is a massive question mark in terms of potential moves this upcoming deadline. 

Cardinals night want Lynn and Kelly together as a package deal... for example. 

Lynn has roughly $15 on his deal left plus pretty sure a 2024 buyout as well.  JR won't eat that much until he runs him out there to either recover trade value or at least preserve the pen over the next 6-8 weeks when the weather warms up. 

Edited by caulfield12

18 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Yes this season should be a monument to their incompetence.

Isn't Reinsdorf in Arizona full time?  At his age I wonder how aware he actually is.  He may have no clue what’s going on.  Maybe they give him 2005 newspapers every day and he wakes up and is happy his team is in first place.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Isn't Reinsdorf in Arizona full time?  At his age I wonder how aware he actually is.  He may have no clue what’s going on.  Maybe they give him 2005 newspapers every day and he wakes up and is happy his team is in first place.

I think you're right he does live in Arizona full time. What we don't know though is his mental state. I am assuming his cognitive skills are eroding and the senility is making him even more detached and uncaring about his team. Rumors always say Jerry is in good physical and mental health. However that probably is just BS to protect him. Has even seen him talk to media, fans or his team lately? I would love to see him talk live to the media and fans and explain this horrible start and what plans he has to change it, as is his responsibility being the ultimate leader at the top. Then we would know how sharp he really is. Oh but of course not, as it will be a freezing day in hell for that to ever happen. The fact is, this stubborn and egotistical POS owner doesn't give a s%*# and is afraid of the media and fans. He knows he would have to admit blame and let his poor fragile ego be criticized heavily. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Mark Gonzales in his recap story tonight said a Dodger operative told him last week that "Anderson would look good in blue." He also speculated that Lynn would help the Cardinals and that  teams would be interested in Bummer.

April isn't even over and the talk has already started.

Sickening, embarrassing and frustrating.

And the worst part? Nothing really will change with ownership/front office. 

Those teams have better overall coaching and make improvements on players.  

Most of the league is probably on to how inept Sox scouting is and will always come out on the better end of a trade.  Any players from those 2 farm systems will regress when they come to this organization.

58 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I think you're right he does live in Arizona full time. What we don't know though is his mental state. I am assuming his cognitive skills are eroding and the senility is making him even more detached and uncaring about his team. Rumors always say Jerry is in good physical and mental health. However that probably is just BS to protect him. Has even seen him talk to media, fans or his team lately? I would love to see him talk live to the media and fans and explain this horrible start and what plans he has to change it, as is his responsibility being the ultimate leader at the top. Then we would know how sharp he really is. Oh but of course not, as it will be a freezing day in hell for that to ever happen. The fact is, this stubborn and egotistical POS owner doesn't give a s%*# and is afraid of the media and fans. He knows he would have to admit blame and let his poor fragile ego be criticized heavily. 

He has been seen at home games this year, the Baltimore series for example.

Regarding his physical/mental state, these are some of the comments I was told about him from my November story. And not all the comments came from those with the organization so folks aren't trying to cover for him in my opinion:

“JR is 86 and he’s in great shape, he looks good, still drives himself around but I just think at this point he simply doesn’t want to be bothered with having to bring in a new front office, maybe he thinks in a few years it won’t matter anyway.”

“People, his friends… have tried to tell him what has been going on, “Hawk” Harrelson, the late Ed Farmer… God rest his soul, Darrin Jackson, Scott Reifert (Author’s Note: Scott is the Senior Vice-President for Communications) , Bob Grim and others but it’s just not registering for some reason.”

“I wonder what impact his wife passing away earlier this year has had on him.”

“JR has told his family he does not want any of his sons owning the team when he is gone. The Bulls are fine he said because they make Michael (Reinsdorf) money but baseball just doesn’t allow you to do that. (no salary cap)” (Author’s Note: Was told by an individual who knew some of the minority owners that “The Sox haven’t lost money in a long time.” A second source agreed with that statement. Seems to be a conflict doesn’t it? Maybe JR isn’t making enough money to suit him vis a vis the Sox?)

“With :30 seconds left in their selection time on draft day JR would say things like “You know this college right-handed pitcher has the lowest injury risk.”

“In October 2005 some investors asked JR to sell and get out while the going was good, but he wouldn’t.”

“Andrew Berlin, twice tried to buy the Sox around 2008 but wasn’t successful.” (Author’s Note: Berlin, grew up a Sox fan and is now the owner of the Cubs farm team in South Bend, Indiana.)

“I heard that JR owns 12% of the team but with some of the original investors passing away that has probably gone up to 18%” (Author’s Note: Even though he only owns a small percentage of the franchise Jerry Reinsdorf has absolute authority to run the team as he sees fit. It is written into his contract. That includes selling or not selling the club despite what the other investors wish. The only way he can be removed from his position is if he has done something illegal, appears to be losing his mental faculties or is being financially irresponsible.)

“I was talking with an agent and they said the next owner of the Sox can’t be a group of investors, it has to be a big company. That’s why Dennis Gilbert, who tried to buy the Dodgers won’t get the Sox, he can’t come up with enough big money investors”

“JR has become oblivious to things and what he’s allowed to happen is sad. He’s probably the most successful owner in Chicago sports history given the Bulls titles and the White Sox one which is dear to his heart, but what has happened the last two years is just sad. He is out-of-touch. And even worse he’s inaccessible. He’s either afraid of having to answer questions or he’s incapable of doing so.”

“JR likes the structure he has because it gives him an extra layer of protection from criticism.”

He gave us a world series championship. For that I will be forever grateful. Would the Sox have won a few more if he never owned the team? Speculate all you want.

I have felt for many a year now he should sell the team. Chicago can still support two teams and plenty of monied people would love a MLB franchise.

Yes maybe the most successful. If he didn't luck into drafting Michael Jordan he would be possibly the most failed.

2 hours ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Goodbye, Lenin! 

2 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

So if he is maybe incognizant who is in charge and making the decisions, probably why there have been no firings or heads rolling in the front office. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, soxrwhite said:

He gave us a world series championship. For that I will be forever grateful. Would the Sox have won a few more if he never owned the team? Speculate all you want.

I have felt for many a year now he should sell the team. Chicago can still support two teams and plenty of monied people would love a MLB franchise.

Yes maybe the most successful. If he didn't luck into drafting Michael Jordan he would be possibly the most failed.

Yeah but mathematically over 45 years with 26, 28, then 30 teams he should have won one by pure chance and appeared in a second World Series.

In that time Minnesota won twice, Kansas City won twice and appeared three times, Cleveland appeared three times, Detroit twice.

Not to mention franchises that didn’t even exist when he bought - Florida twice, Arizona once, Tampa Bay with 1.5 appearances, Colorado with an appearance.

I won’t give him credit for something a monkey could have been trained to do.  The one year they won was by pure luck anyway.  They weren’t on anybody’s radar screen that year and no one got hurt.  It was not by design.

I still wish DeBartolo would have bought the team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

So if he is maybe incognizant who is in charge and making the decisions, probably why there have been no firings or heads rolling in the front office. 

Probably so. Which is why he should have one of his sons either run it or help him and quit with his nonsense stubbornness. 

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

He has been seen at home games this year, the Baltimore series for example.

Regarding his physical/mental state, these are some of the comments I was told about him from my November story. And not all the comments came from those with the organization so folks aren't trying to cover for him in my opinion:

“JR is 86 and he’s in great shape, he looks good, still drives himself around but I just think at this point he simply doesn’t want to be bothered with having to bring in a new front office, maybe he thinks in a few years it won’t matter anyway.”

“People, his friends… have tried to tell him what has been going on, “Hawk” Harrelson, the late Ed Farmer… God rest his soul, Darrin Jackson, Scott Reifert (Author’s Note: Scott is the Senior Vice-President for Communications) , Bob Grim and others but it’s just not registering for some reason.”

“I wonder what impact his wife passing away earlier this year has had on him.”

“JR has told his family he does not want any of his sons owning the team when he is gone. The Bulls are fine he said because they make Michael (Reinsdorf) money but baseball just doesn’t allow you to do that. (no salary cap)” (Author’s Note: Was told by an individual who knew some of the minority owners that “The Sox haven’t lost money in a long time.” A second source agreed with that statement. Seems to be a conflict doesn’t it? Maybe JR isn’t making enough money to suit him vis a vis the Sox?)

“With :30 seconds left in their selection time on draft day JR would say things like “You know this college right-handed pitcher has the lowest injury risk.”

“In October 2005 some investors asked JR to sell and get out while the going was good, but he wouldn’t.”

“Andrew Berlin, twice tried to buy the Sox around 2008 but wasn’t successful.” (Author’s Note: Berlin, grew up a Sox fan and is now the owner of the Cubs farm team in South Bend, Indiana.)

“I heard that JR owns 12% of the team but with some of the original investors passing away that has probably gone up to 18%” (Author’s Note: Even though he only owns a small percentage of the franchise Jerry Reinsdorf has absolute authority to run the team as he sees fit. It is written into his contract. That includes selling or not selling the club despite what the other investors wish. The only way he can be removed from his position is if he has done something illegal, appears to be losing his mental faculties or is being financially irresponsible.)

“I was talking with an agent and they said the next owner of the Sox can’t be a group of investors, it has to be a big company. That’s why Dennis Gilbert, who tried to buy the Dodgers won’t get the Sox, he can’t come up with enough big money investors”

“JR has become oblivious to things and what he’s allowed to happen is sad. He’s probably the most successful owner in Chicago sports history given the Bulls titles and the White Sox one which is dear to his heart, but what has happened the last two years is just sad. He is out-of-touch. And even worse he’s inaccessible. He’s either afraid of having to answer questions or he’s incapable of doing so.”

“JR likes the structure he has because it gives him an extra layer of protection from criticism.”

You know the most disgusting and pathetic part of what you mentioned is this comment which is not a fault of yours but the sad reality of it:

JR has told his family he does not want any of his sons owning the team when he is gone. The Bulls are fine he said because they make Michael (Reinsdorf) money but baseball just doesn’t allow you to do that. (no salary cap)”

Here is why that comment from Jerry is warped thinking:

1. The Sox make money. who is he shitting? Even if it doesn't make as much money as the Bulls, it makes money. The fact is with the right owner instead of clueless Jerry running the Sox, it could make significantly more money and probably win way more games.

2. Just because Jerry hasn't been successful as an owner, as far as putting out a yearly playoff winning team, doesn't mean one his sons would screw it up like he has. Hell, maybe Jonathon for example, who seems like an extremely smart man, could actually take the Sox team and make it way more successful in making money, bringing in larger attendance and being a consistent playoff team. How dare him as a father to deny his sons the opportunity to make the Sox more successful. I get in life where some rich fathers might not want to turn over their team or company to a son that has been a slug or shown no adult responsibility and done something positive with their life. However this is clearly not the case with Michael and Jonathon. Again just the sick illogical arrogance of Jerry is disgusting

3. It's ok to let one son run the Bulls, but not offer the other son the chance to own the other family team. That's really brutal. Until someone shows me where Jonathon said no f'ing way I want own the Sox, or show me a statement from his other son Michael, that he doesn't want a second team to run, I will always adamantly believe Jerry's logic is seriously flawed. 

4. Ok finally, so we know JR doesn't want the Sox sold until he dies. Who the hell knows how many more years that will be. Let's say hypothetically it's another 7-8 years. God f'ing help us if that is the case! Yet for purposes of my argument, since Jerry evidently is never going to make any FO changes, the White Sox could realistically lose massive team value as this team continues to be destroyed by Jerry's incompetence. How f'ing fair is that to his sons and family, when they go to the sell the team after he passes away and they get substantially less money, than it could have gotten with better leadership and executive skills from Jonathon or Michael over the next 7-8 years. I personally believe they could make this team more successful. The worst case is they won't do any worse than Jerry! The benefit now being in the case the family still needs to sell the team per the Will, it could be sold for a higher value.

5. The fact is sane and smart billionaires usually don't throw money away or have a cavalier attitude like, "oh it's just money, I'm already rich., who cares if it sells for less." Most successful self-made billionaires got to that point because they did care about making more money and never wasting it away.

The more you analyze Jerry, the more you realize...this really is one of the worst owners ever! Thank f'ing god all us loyal die-hard Chicago Sox and Bulls fans got to have this POS loser for our owner.